Chapter 91

Song: You and I by PVRIS

Henry and I had stayed in Eze for three days now, and our time in France would ending soon.

Tomorrow, we would be flying back to Paris and return to Chicago.

My heart didn't want to leave, knowing who we would be leaving behind.

But I kept reminding myself she was in a better place.

Henry laid his head across my lap with his eyes closed while I sat against the headboard of the bed.

I loved these kind of moments.

We didn't talk, but the silence between us displayed much more of our connection than what words could say.

My fingers ruffled through his soft, black hair.

I loved him so much to the edge of the universe and back. His eyes. His cheeks. His lips. His smile. Everything about this man.

My index finger slowly grazed over the bridge of his nose.

He slightly twitched as he smiled. With his eyes still shit, he caught my hand and placed it over his lips, leaving a kiss on it.

He got up and moved off the bed. Without saying anything, he hauled me over his shoulders.

"Where are you taking me going?" I asked.

"Something fun, you'll see," he answered, going out of the sliding doors. "I been wanting to go for a swim."

"You got to be kidding me, right? It's going to be cold."

"I know." He hauled me out to our private pool overlooking the dark sea and small town below and then stopped at the edge. "Are you ready?"

"Henry." I wriggled on his shoulders. "You better let—"

Unable to finish my statement, I screamed as he jumped into the water, the feeling like peeling a band aid off quickly. We hit the surface with a big splash before coming apart underwater.

The temperature wasn't freezing, but it was still cold. I swam back up to the surface while Henry followed behind.

Floating in the water, we kissed for a long, passionate moment. With his lips against mine, the sensation, the atmosphere, was wonderful.

He kissed my forehead.

"Could we stay here forever?" he asked, placing his forehead against mine. "Just you and me?"

"I wish we could, but we can't, silly. We have a home to return to. Friends and family waiting for us."

He smiled. "You're right, honey. You're always right."

"I wish I was, but not every time."

"In my book, you always are."

I kissed his cheek and hugged him, my chin on his shoulder. "I'll take it as a compliment."