Chapter 88

Can You Hold Me by NF

Just wrap me in your arms, in your arms
I don't wanna be nowhere else
Take me from the dark, from the dark
I ain't gonna make it myself

"Ally, this is Jonathan," a man's voice resonated through the door.

I stared through the peephole to find a middle-age man, who I haven't seen before, but I remembered the name from somewhere.

"Who's Jonathan?" I asked Sophia, who was right behind me.

"He's our bodyguard who Henry assigned to protect us." Sophia walked to the peephole to check and then opened the door.

"Is everybody alright?" Jonathan asked calmly.

"Yes, we are okay. What happened?" I could see the gun he was holding in his hand.

Jonathan hid the gun away in his back as he saw Violet was looking from behind her mother. "It was Donovan, Sophia's husband. He broke into the building, and I tried to restrained him, but he got away. I alerted the police who are now surrounding the area and on the look out for him."

"Thank you, Jonathan," Sophia said breathlessly.

"You're welcome. I am really sorry to have let him go."

"No, you did what you could. Thank you very much," Sophia responded.

I turned to Sophia. "For both your protection, please take Violet inside and stay in there until Jonathan tells you it's okay to come out. We don't know if he may still be in the area."

Sophia nodded. "Thank you, Ally."

"Don't thank me. I didn't do anything. Jonathan's who we should be grateful for." We gestured a thank you to the bodyguard. I knelt down by Violet. "Everything's okay now."

Violet nodded nervously and hugged me. "I'm afraid, Ally."

"Nobody is going to hurt you or your mother. I promise you. Jonathan, Henry, and I are all going to protect you both. Okay?"

Violet forced on a smile.

Sophia thanked me before heading inside their apartment with her daughter.

"Mrs. Cavill, I'll escort you out of the building," Jonathan insisted.

"Thank you, Jonathan." I stopped and turned to him. "Please, at my request, don't tell Henry about this incident tonight. He doesn't need to know about it."

"Why, Mrs. Cavill? Mr. Cavill had ordered me to inform him of any situations like this one. I would be disregarding my orders from him."

"I don't want him to worry about this while he's out of the country. Leave it to me. I'll take care of it. If you hear anything else about Donovan, inform me right away."