Chapter 95

Song: Stormy by Hedley

.....

I took another test for confirmation.

When the two red lines appeared on the second stick, I knew I was pregnant.

Henry and I were going to be have a baby.

The thought made me ecstatic, but it also reminded me of my first pregnancy with Baby Kale. And thinking of him, I found myself walking into the nursery Henry had made for him.

It was the first time I could walk in here freely after so many times of avoiding this room and knowing that it will finally be put to use.

I unhooked the ultrasound photo from the wall and sat down in the rocking chair.

My fingers softly brushed over the glass of the frame.

"Mommy still misses you, Baby Kale—very much. Mommy will always love you. You will always have a place in my heart."

At noon, Larry drove me downtown to Horizon. I called Nick earlier if he was available for lunch. If Henry was free, I was going to have him join us, but my husband said he was tied up at work.

I guessed I would have to wait until the end of the day to inform him of the news. He would be so happy to hear about it.

I met Nick at the cafe restaurant in the Horizon building.

"So—when am I going to get to meet this special friend of yours?" I asked Nick as we munched on our hot paninis the waiter just brought to the table.

"Don't worry. I'll introduce her to you very soon. I'll find a good time when we can all get together. This one is different then the other women I dated before, so I don't want to rush and do anything stupid."

"Like what stupid things?"

"Like that one time I was—" Nick stopped, realizing what he was doing. Behind his smile and dimples, I had a hunch I might already know this person. "Never mind, I'll tell you about it over a drink one of these days soon."

"That only be for another seven months." I smiled, hoping he'd catch on.

His smile grew twice as big. "You're joking, Ally? No."

I shook my head. "I'm not."

"Oh my goodness, congratulations sister!" He got up from his chair and gave me a hug. "Does Henry know?"

"Not yet. I'm going to tell him later."

"Well, you better, or I'm going to have to tell him."

"Of course." I softly laughed. "Did you hear that Victoria's in the hospital?"

"I did. It's a tragedy she had to do that to herself. Why do you think she did it?"

"I'm not so sure. You never know what kind of battles people are fighting internally. There may have been many factors," I told Nick, even though I had a hint it had to do with Henry and her father.