Chapter 83

Song: The Beauty and The Tragedy

For I am finding out that love will kill and save me ...

Larry pulled into a grand driveway of a building a few blocks over from the Willis Tower. After putting the car in park, he opened my door as Henry walked around the car to me. I slipped my hand into Henry's, stepping out from the vehicle as Larry closed the door behind me.

"Have a good time, Mr. Cavill and Mrs. Cavill," Larry said to us.

"Thank you, Larry," I replied with a smile.

"I will let you know when we're ready to go," Henry advised.

"Yes, Mr. Cavill. I'll stand by for your call." Larry nodded, then walked around to the driver side and stepped in, driving the car from the driveway.

"Ally!" Someone called my name as Henry and I started to proceed inside the building.

We both turned around to see Nick walking from where his driver dropped him off. "Great timing, don't you think?"

"Hey, Nick," I greeted.

He looked extremely dashing tonight with his suit and blue tie that brought out the blue in eyes. "You look very beautiful tonight, Mrs. Cavill." Nick smiled, his dimple appearing on his cheek.

"Thank you, Mr. Barnes." I returned the smile. "You look very nice yourself tonight as well."

Henry faked a cough. We both stared at him, who didn't appear like he was going to let this slip by without making a scene. Then my husband snaked an arm around my waist, pulling me toward him like I was some property he was trying to claim in front of his friend.

I sensed a little jealousy on Henry's face. I placed a hand over his chest and left a kiss on his cheek. "And you look very handsome too, Mr. Cavill."

Nick chuckled while Henry's laugh followed.

The three of us proceeded inside the building and joined the crowd heading toward the elegantly, decorated golden hall.

Henry and Nick stopped to say "hellos" to a few people on our way to our table, none of who I knew. Like every occasion before, I mostly smiled and nodded my head, pretending to be engaged into their conversations. When the question was directed at me, I went along with whatever answer came to my kind.

After Henry and I found our table near the front, I caught sight of Victoria at the entrance talking to newly arrived guests. Annette, her mother, stood by her side, smiling with that old fake and conniving smile of hers.

Seeing their faces made the old memories and animosity between us resurfaced. I quickly diverted my attention elsewhere to keep me distracted and my mind occupied since I didn't want to cause any scene tonight.