Chapter 70

Song: Faraway by Nickelback

I forgive you, for being away for far too long ...
So keep breathing, 'cause I'm not leaving ...
Hold on to me and never let me go ...

I felt like this was a dream—a good one, finally. One that I didn't want to wake up from.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt Henry's hand caressing my hand. His thumb stroking along my knuckles over and over again. But when I woke, there was no one with me. Immediately, my mind instantly jumped to the conclusion that Henry left me all alone here.

However, I managed to calm myself, telling myself that Henry wouldn't do that to me anymore. He's changed.

When I walked downstairs with no sight of Henry, but a note in a vase of freshly picked wild flowers on the dining table, I was quick to open it.

Morning, Ally. I made you breakfast. I'm going to the store to grab some things. I'll be right back. – H

I smiled, holding the note close to my chest, while admiring the small breakfast—scramble eggs and toast with orange juice—he prepared early this morning.

I knew—that in this very moment—Henry, my old Henry, had returned to me. He had a long time ago. Only I was foolish to not have noticed it until now.

Patty was right. He had changed...for me.

As I finished breakfast, Henry walked through the front door. He headed straight to where I sat and placed a kiss on my hair.

"Good morning. How was breakfast?" he asked.

"It was wonderful. Thank you."

"What did you want to do this afternoon, hmm?" He gently brushed the stray strands of hair behind my ear as I thought about the question.

"Anything. As long as it's with you."

He smiled. "You're quite the creative one, aren't you?"

"Okay." I playfully frowned. "How about we take a walk in the countryside."

Henry nodded in approval. "I love it."

We got ready and set out from the cottage onto the gravel path. The atmosphere of the countryside was liberating. It almost made me forget the city life for a moment.

We walked past several gorgeous country homes, farms, and bridges. The endless fields of grass made everything much more beautiful.

"What's your favorite part about the countryside, Henry?" I asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"You once told me that you'd like to live in the countryside. Was that true?"

"It was true. I guess ... everything," he answered.

"You're quite the creative one, aren't you?" I teased, and he laughed.