Chapter 84

Song:

Song:

Loving Her Was Red by Tyler Ward

.....

"Thank God you're okay, Ally," Henry uttered breathlessly, squeezing me safely and securely into his arms.

"How about you? Are you hurt?" My eyes checked his face and body swiftly to see if there were any open wounds.

"No, I'm okay, honey." He caressed my cheeks urgently with his large, strong hands. "Lets get out of this place. It's not safe here, and we don't know if another one will go off."

I nodded.

Henry encased one arm behind my back, and we ran outside onto the terrace to the stairs leading down to the grand driveway. He grabbed his iPhone from his pocket once we made it to the sidewalk. "Larry, meet me around the corner of State and Harrison right now."

After running a block down from the explosions, the sirens roared louder and louder toward us. Down the street, more than a dozen police cars arrived on the scene with the SWAT teams and fire trucks.

Turning back to the building we escaped out from, fumes of fire was seeping throughout the building windows from multiple floors.

Larry was already at the corner, waiting in the car exactly at the corner where Henry ordered him to meet us.

"We need to get you to the hospital right now," Henry spoke with a seriousness immediately after we stepped into the backseat.

Larry pressed on the gas, taking us away from the chaos.

"Henry, I'm fine," I replied calmly.

"No, we have--"

"Honey, listen." I caressed one of his hands and touched his cheek with my other hand. "Look at me. See, I'm not hurt. No scratches or anything."

"But I want to make sure that you're okay."

"The explosions didn't happen where I was. I'm alright. Please trust me."

He grabbed my hand and placed it near his lips, leaving a kiss on the back of it. He peered into my eyes, studying me for a moment.

"Alright," he breathed. "If you say so."

I managed a comforting smile for him. "Thank you."

He pulled me into his arms, wrapping me securely in his chest again as if he was holding onto dear life.

"What were the explosions caused by?" I asked.

"I don't know, but it was definitely some kind of explosive device. Somebody must have planted them early in the building," Henry responded. He didn't say anymore, which made me think he knew more than I thought he did. He was only keeping me in the dark to protect me.