Chapter 78

Perfect by Ed Sheeran

I found a love for me. Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead.

As we continued to kiss, my hands snaked around Henry's waist, closing in the distance between us. The kiss lasted for a few more seconds, and I never wanted it to end, just like every one of our kisses.

Henry brushed his lips over mine in one more deep passionate motion before placing a kiss on my forehead.

I gazed up at him as a mischievous beam pulled at the corner of his lips. Before I realized it, he had already lifted me off my feet, making his way toward the water.

"You better not throw me in there."

"Oh, yes, I think will this time."

"What?!"

He continued walking towards the water as I held my breath, squirming on top of his shoulders, but then he moved my body into his arms, bridal-style.

"I was only joking with you." He placed me back down on the ground.

We walked away from the water to the sand and found a spot. Once we sat down, he wrapped one arm over me, pulling me in to him.

"Katherine told me something today."

"Is it bad news?"

"No." He chuckled. "Nothing bad. Just something I didn't know that had happened."

I moved up and looked at Henry, feeling bothered. "It's about me, isn't it?"

He nodded, but his expression remained neutral, so I couldn't decipher if it was good or bad. It was definitely the latter. "That night before the hotel conference, you never told me about what you did."

And I figured out what Henry had in his thoughts. He was referring to the time when the flower order fell through for Pearce Hotel and Resort's seventy-fifth anniversary. That evening I️ happened to run into Katherine, the hotel's operation manager, who then told me about the situation. Multiple of Henry's assistants stayed behind late so we could all finished the flower arrangements for the anniversary the next day.

"Well ... I was going to mention it to you, but I forgot. Anyway, does it really matter? It's just flowers."

"Yes, it does, Ally. They were just flowers to you, but to me, it meant so much more. If you should know, they were beautiful. Many of the hotel's workers took them home after the conference ended."

"They did?"

"They really adore the work you made. And I really appreciate it too from the bottom of my heart."

"Thank you. Whenever there any more events like that, can I be in charge of the flower decorations then?"

Henry nodded in agreement. "Absolutely. There's no doubt about it. It's getting late night. Shall we go home?"