Chapter 77

Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn

I'll be with you from dusk till dawn. Baby, I am right here ....

Sophia opened the door, and a cheerful Violet ran from the dining table toward us, instantly wrapping her arms around me.

"Ally, what are you doing here?" she asked, confused as we let each other go.

"I am here to visit you," I responded, placing my hand on her head.

"Really?" Violet's attention turned to Henry.

He smiled at her. "I promised you I'd take Ally to come see you, right?"

Violet ran up to Henry, and he lifted her up into his hands for a hug. "Thank you, Henry."

I didn't know how close Violet and Henry had become, but the sight of them together was enough to put my heart at ease once more about my husband. Seeing him smile in this peaceful state—I couldn't ask for more.

"Welcome Henry and Ally." Sophia smiled. It was a rare sight to see. "Me and Violet are super excited you could join us for dinner tonight. You guys must be hungry. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

"Thank you for having us over again." Henry let Violet down on the ground. "And sorry for such late notice."

"It's nothing. We're happy to have guests over, especially Violet." Sophia's attention turned to her daughter. "Honey, why don't you take Henry and Ally to your room?"

Violet smiled and nodded. She grabbed Henry's hand, leading him to follow her.

"Here is something for dessert tonight." I placed the brown bag with the chocolate cake onto the small quartz island counter.

"Thank you, but I️ told Henry you guys didn't have to bring anything."

"No, since you're cooking dinner, it's only fair if we bring something for dessert. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"No, no." Sophia shook her head. "I got it all taken care of. Why don't you follow after them to the room, and I'll come get you guys when everything's set. She has a lot to talk with you about." She smiled encouragingly for me to go.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," Sophia responded. "Violet's been waiting for you."

"Ally, hurry up," Violet called from the hallway.

"Okay, I'm coming now."

I️ smiled to Sophia before making me way into the tiny hallway toward Violet's room, looking at the pictures hanging on the wall.

They were mostly pictures of Violet from her toddlers years until now.

At the end of the hallway before her bedroom, there was a picture of their family, Violet, Sophia, and a man who I️ guessed must be Violet's father.