Chapter 82

Song: Been Through - Brandyn Burnett's

I find myself walking under a clear blue sky in an endless field of tall plain grass ahead. Magnificent green mountains stand behind me as I turn around, reminding me of a similar scene.

As I stroll along leaving the mountain range, I hold out my right hand, feeling the soft tips of the light green grass with my palm.

I hear a noise in the distance that caught my attention, and my eyes instantly skip to the sound, trying to locate where it came from.

Soon my pace picks up, and the wind blows through my hair as I run toward the source of the sound which was coming up ahead. I wasn't sure who or what I was chasing after, only that I needed to find out.

Giggles echo louder through the air the closer I got, giggles of a child.

"Daddy, daddy, help me!" I hear a little girl say in the distance. "Daddy, she's coming. Mommy's coming."

"I see, honey. Come here before mommy gets you," a familiar voice say.

As I cross the top of the hill, I see a beautiful, golden willow tree below with two figures, one of a man and a little child. The man is holding the little girl in his hands.

A smile grows on my face when I realize who they were.

They both wave to me with smiles, and I wave back as I walk down to them.

A feeling of bliss and peace touch me.

There is nothing else I wanted
more than this moment.

Nothing else could replace them.

I felt a kiss on my forehead . Instantly the beautiful dream disappeared from my vision. "Wake up, beautiful."

"I was having such a good dream," I said drowsily, feeling a little melancholy from leaving the dream.

"Really? What were you dreaming about and was I in it?"

I giggled. "Of course, you were. I was dreaming about a field of tall grass. It was so beautiful and peaceful."

"It probably means you miss the countryside."

"Maybe." I yawned in bed with my eyes closed. "What time is it?"

He laughed. "Eight o' clock."

Henry was always the morning person. I never understood where morning people get their energy to wake up.

"It's so early." I pulled the duvet over my head. "I'm going back to sleep."

"Oh, no, you are not," he said playfully.

He climbed over me and pulled the duvet from my head. He leaned down and smothered me with kisses all over my face, trying to persuade me to get out of bed.