-19-

Melanie's pov:

I was sleeping calmly and a peacfu-- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

I jolted awake and ran out of my room without wondering how I ended there, I frowned in fear for someone's safety but covered my mouth trying to hide a small chuckle that was threatening to spill out of me.

the wolf was biting the handle of the axe right next to the metal blade part and Seth looked pissed, shaking the weapon, trying to make him let go.

"Seth don't be so harsh you will hurt him" I said, walking over, making her stop the shaking and glare at me.

"THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO!!!"

"he just wants to play; he thinks your axe is a stick since you throw it"

"AH?!"

"look here" I looked around the place and found a really really old but still bouncy and usable tennis ball. "try to throw this" I handed it to her and she instantly chugged it down the stairs, the wolf let go and ran after in.

"that was not nice"

"SINCE WHEN AM I NICE?!?!?!"

"true" I better angry then try to explain it to her that she has been nice to us for a while now, I still wouldn't enjoy that axe through my head so I'll avoid pissing her off more than she is right now.

her eye twitched as she saw the pup running back up the stairs and dropping the ball at her feet.

"SETH!!!" I yelled, reaching towards her as she threw the axe straight down.

"damn you flea bag" I ran over but saw the axe blade had not hit the poor wolf.... he hadn't even moved, Seth missed on purpose but just by a hair.... oh god I just had a heart attack and not because I was in danger of dying this time.

the pup whined since she picked him up by his scruff a bit harshly as she pulled him to her eye level.

"you are oh so lucky you don't bark and that the deal extends you your animal ass" she tensed when he licked her face and she looked ready to just start hitting the pup against the ground with all her strength until it stopped moving, she was shaking like hell and he whimpered at her strong hold as she raised her arm higher.

"ooookay! I'm taking this pup thanks!" I hurriedly took the pup from her hand, she gladly let me take him, he wagged his tail happily as if what Seth did just now have no effect on him at all, I smiled at the sweet thing, rubbing his head as he yipped happily, pawing at my face.

Seth picked up her weapon, pulling it from the concrete of the building and sitting down on the couch, legs apart and head tilted down in a way half of her face was shadowed and she glared with the other.

I gulped a little and sat on an old wooden chair, it cracked a bit but didn't break.

"any idea where the others are?"

"I just brought you down to a room when you fell asleep, I didn't check in which I put you but they are asleep"

"do you ever sleep?" she is always awake when we fall asleep and awake no matter how early we are up.

"not much but I do"

"do you always sleep this much?"

"depends.... right now no, I need to be sure you aren't murdered at night"

"so you are awake longer then you want for our safety?"

"yeah" she cracked her neck, shadow never shifting as she glared at me, I looked away, unable to keep it up as my cheeks turned pink, damn me keep your thoughts in check. "it makes me far crankier and irritable" that's why this wolf is annoying her so much.... because with the behaviour she showed at our first meeting would have made her slightly annoyed but not a murderous maniac towards this cutesy pie.

"mhm.... we should name him"

"hell nah"

"hell yes.... if you won't I will"

"honestly here.... saying this with what's left of my sanity.... it's not like I would be the best at naming something I want dead" yeah she is right on that point. "I would name it flea bag, dead weight, mutt or a corps"

"okay that straight up mean" she shrugged, I looked the wolf in the eyes, he had settled in my arms, rolled up nicely and comfortably.... I'm astonished he has such a visible love for Seth, the one person that wished he didn't exist.... such a strange pairing fate made. "I'll call you.... Fearless!"

"fearless? what kind of name is that?" Seth scoffed a little, smirking in a disapproving way, how the hell is she doing that.

"yeah Fearless, even you can scare him away and get rid of him" she lost her smirk and pointed her axe at me, I gulped, feeling I might have gone too far this time.

"shut up" "okay" I said with a soft smile and a sweat drop as she dropped her arm, setting the weapon on the couch and leaning back with her hands behind her head.

Fearless took this as an invitation and jumped from my arms and ran over, climbing on the couch and in between her legs, rolling up and laying his head against her leg as he faces her as her eye twitched again, shadow covering her whole face as she didn't move, only her eye visible as it spas out a little and was as small as a dote as she gave the pup her worst glare yet but Fearless was just like his name said.... Fearless.

"YOU DAMNED FLEA BAG!!!!!"