Chapter 8

This is dedicated to Bai who won three categories in my 1DUGWA!! Congrats Bai!

I've decided I want to ask a question that may or may not be related to One Direction in every chapter for each of my fanfics. Today quesion is: Is anybody reading this a real dancer? If so, what styles do you do? I am actually a dancer and I do ballet, jazz, and contemporary. This is my thirteenth year of dance :D

xx Shel

Chapter 8

Niall grinned at me when I opened the door. “Hello there, beautiful.”

I rolled my eyes, containing the urge to give him the finger. “Don’t push you luck.”

Shelby came up beside me and elbowed me in the ribs, giving me a glare before smiling at the Irish native. “Don’t mind her. She’s just grumpy sometimes.”

“I’ve noticed,” Niall chuckled.

Katy pushed me out the door, shoving me into Niall. “You two kids have fun, now! Don’t get pregnant!” With that, Katy slammed the door.

I blinked at the door then turned back to Niall, narrowing my eyes at him. “Don’t get any ideas from Kaitlin’s last statement.”

He raised his hands innocently, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes again and stomped down the stairs that would lead to the outside world. Niall followed along after me, whistling Titanium under his breath. We made it out of the building before I stopped and looked around, realization that I didn’t know which way to go hitting me.

“Err, where are we going anyway?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He laughed, his blue eyes twinkling. “This little restaurant I found in town.”

“You were just going to let me wander around, weren’t you?”

He nodded, a smile tugging at his lips.

I rolled my eyes and marched out of the yard, not caring if he followed me or not. It was his loss if he decided to just stand there like an idiot. He came running up behind me, whistling again while he waved to a taxi.

*****

I must admit, Niall had incredible taste in food. The place he had chosen was a small Italian restaurant that felt inviting and smelled amazing. The portions were way too large for me though. My eyes widened when our waiter sat a plate of spaghetti in front of me that was at least the size of my head.

“Whoa,” I muttered, poking at the giant meal.

Niall raised his brow at me and he shoveled a fork full of his own pasta down his throat. “Something’s wrong?”

“This thing ways more than me,” I laughed a little, lifting up the large plate to prove my point.

He smiled at me, sauce smeared around his mouth which just made me crack up. “Sorry, I should have warned you about the size. I forget about people not eating as much as I do.”

I shrugged and stabbed the noodles with my fork. “I’ll manage.”

We ate in silence for a few minutes before Niall shoved another large forkful into his mouth, resulting in sauce all over his face. I couldn’t help but laugh at his obliviousness to this fact.

“What?” He wondered, frowning at me.

“You has spaghetti sauce all over your face.”

He wiped at his skin with his napkin but an orange stain was still left behind. I shook my head and smiled at my food, thinking maybe this date wouldn’t be so bad after all.

We continued to talk for a little while, following Zayn’s rules of learning as much as we could. I learned Niall had an older brother and his hair used to be brown, but he decided to start dying it blonde when he was really young. He had a really good friend named Josh who was a drummer and currently on tour with some really popular band that I had never cared for. Josh was apparently visiting in a week and Niall was pretty excited about that. I also learned that Niall and his mates had tried out as a band for X-Factor two years ago, but Simon had told them he thought they’d have a better and longer dance career.

It was funny to think they could have been a famous boy band at this very moment.

“All five of you idiots touring the world?” I scoffed as we walked out of the restaurant. “That would be horrific.”

Niall shook his head. “I could be offended by that, ya know.”

I shrugged. “You could, but you’re not.”

“Want to play twenty questions?” He asked, taking hold of my shoulders and steering me toward the beach.

“Why not. You first.”

He thought for a second. “How long have you been dancing?”

“Since I was two, so fourteen years now. What about you?”

“Well I started off doing Irish step dancing, but then I got more into hip hop and decided the Academy was where I wanted to be after the singing thing didn’t work.”

I nodded, kicking off my sandals so they didn’t get covered in sand as we walked down the beach. “Have you always sang?”

He shook his head. “I’ve always liked to, but I never thought I was any good until I met the boys. I’ve always really liked guitar though.”

I nodded at the ground, kicking the sand away that a wave washed up onto my foot.

“How come sometimes you act like you hate me and then others-like now-you’re really nice?”

I should’ve known this was coming. “Well… I’m a naturally sassy person, but I am nice to people I like. I like you sometimes and other times you annoy me.”

“How do I annoy you?”

I shook my head, wagging my finger at him. “Nah-uh, Mr. Horan, that’s two questions in a row. Don’t wanna break the rules now, do we?”

He chuckled at me. “Fine, your turn.”

I gave a silent sigh of relief, glad I didn’t have to explain myself any further. “What’s you-Niall, no!” I spoke too late. By the time I noticed what he was doing, Niall had picked me up and throwing me deeper into the water. I scrambled to my feet, popping up out of the waist deep water to see him with his head thrown back, clutching his stomach he was laughing so hard. I smirked then shoved him as hard as I could, successfully knocking him into the water.

He resurfaced, glaring at me. “That wasn’t nice!”

“Neither was tossing me into the water!”

His eyes suddenly sparkled and he stood up, grabbing my hand and standing in our Pas da Deux position.

“What are you doing?” I asked, crinkling my forehead.

“I need to practice my ballet without putting you at risk of injury, so what better place to practice than here?” He gestured to the empty water around us.

I nodded. “You might be onto something there, Horan. I approve.” I stepped into my arabesque, gripping Niall’s hands to assist me. He helped me turn and guess what? This time, I didn’t fall.