Dance With Me

This is quite a different fanfic. It's inspired by the show Dance Academy. I freaking LOVE that show!! Thank you Katy for making me watch it! Anyway, the description says it all as far as why it's quite different. Leave me your thoughts! Oh and thanks Katy (Harvard1943) for the brilliam cover :) I love it xD

PEACESKIES!

xx Shel

Chapter 1

My name is Karoline Wilson, but most people call me Karo (pronounced Kay-roe). I’m sixteen years old. I live in Melbourne, Australia. Today I’m auditioning for the National Dance Academy. It’s the biggest moment of my life and I must say, I couldn’t be anymore nervous. I got up extra early to make sure I looked good for auditions. Which, trust me, never normally happened because I was not a morning person whatsoever.

I threw my blonde hair into the best bun I could manage and slipped a headband on to hold back my straight across bangs. If it wasn’t a requirement, my hair would be in a messy bun on the top of my head. I’m just too lazy to make it a neat bun, but today it had to be. I slipped into a pair of decent looking pink tights (otherwise meaning the ones that didn’t have a giant hole down the right leg), my favorite dark green camisole style leotard, and tugged on my black booty shorts. I threw my black dance skirt into my bag along with my pointe shoes, ballet flats, and hip hop sneakers.

I pulled a loose peach colored dolman over my leotard, slipped my feet into a pair of flip-flops, then checked the mirror. I opted not to wear any makeup since I would just sweat it off anyway. Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen.

My mum chuckled at me before pointing to a plate of toast and fruit sitting on the table. “You need to eat, Karoline. We have to leave in ten minutes.”

I wolfed down my food then ran back upstairs to make sure everything was in my dance bag. Shoes, check. Extra leos and tights, check. Skirts, check. I nodded my head at my bag before tossing it over my shoulder. I grabbed my suitcase, which I needed because the auditions were all week and I would be staying at the school during that time, then headed back down the stairs.

My best friends, Shelby and Katy, were there this time when I came down. They’re both American, but moved here last year to start preparing to audition for the Academy. They went to my dance studio and we hit it off as soon as they got there.

Shelby squealed as soon as I came into the kitchen. “Karo, can you believe it’s already here? I’m freaking out. And I can’t stop talking.” She continued rambling, but I stopped paying attention. That’s just how she was when she was nervous.

Katy was pretty much silent, which was how she acted when she was nervous. She was picking at the skin around her fingernails, forcing me to swat her hand and give her a warning look to get her to stop.

“You girls ready?” My mum asked, grabbing her keys off the counter.

We each nodded and headed outside to pile into the vehicle.

*****

I gulped as the building came into view.

“We’re crazy. We should just go home now,” Katy muttered, biting her nails.

I swatted her hand again. “Kaitlin, quit it. We got this.”

Shelby nodded. “Of course we do.”

We climbed out of the car and each gave my mum a hug before heading into the building. We dropped our luggage off at the student residence building then headed to the main building. We all paused outside the first audition room, taking deep breaths. I was the first to stand up taller and push into the ballet studio, soon followed by my friends.

We joined the other girls who were stretching and talking amongst themselves. Everything was going just fine until there was a commotion right outside the door. We all looked over just in time to see five boys tumble through the door, play wrestling like a bunch of five year olds.

The ballet instructor, Miss Raine, came in after them, her face flushed with anger.

“Boys! Get out of my classroom!” She yelled at them.

They all jumped up and saluted her. “Sorry ma’am!” they all chorused before running out of the room.

“Do you know who they are?” I asked a tall blonde that was doing the splits next to me.

“Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, and Liam Payne. They’re second years. They’re the biggest troublemakers there are.”

I nodded, before turning my attention back to the teacher. She had us lineup on the barres and started going through basic technique.

After going through the technique, we went to floor work and had to put on our pointe shoes. It was painful, to say the least. I was thankful when the ballet class was over and we could move on to hip hop; my favorite style of all time. Don’t get me wrong, ballet was great and I was really good at it, but there was just something about hip hop that made me feel free. It was like I could really be myself and just let loose. The same went for contemporary, but that was where I let more emotions in.

I slipped my booty shorts on and rolled up my tights, ready for whatever the teacher threw at us. We went straight into floor combinations, which are my favorite thing ever. Shelby and Katy were in front of me and I had a hard time not laughing at them. They looked like a pair of awkward penguins because they are such ballerinas. Don’t worry, that won’t offend them because they realize how awkward they are. Besides, they’re my best friends, I’m allowed to say these things, okay?

All too soon, the teacher dismissed us for lunch. I was grinning ear-to-ear when we walked out of the studio.

“That was incredible!” I said, laughing at nothing in particular. I turned around to face my two best friends, walking backwards as we talked.

“Whatever.” Shelby rolled her dark brown eyes. “You can say that because you’re amazing at hip hop.”

“We failed epically,” Katy agreed.

“You two did look like a bunch of-”

“Karo, watch out!” Katy said a second too late.

I bumped right into someone, causing us both to fall. In a very cliché moment, I landed right on top of the blonde boy, catching myself with my arms to keep our faces from smashing together. The boy smirked up at me, wiggling his eyebrows and tightening the grip he had on my waist from where he had caught me.

“Well, hello there,” the boy laughed, his voice ringing out in an Irish accent. I recognized him as being one of the boys that ran into our auditions this morning.

I rolled my aqua colored eyes and pushed myself to my feet.

The boy laid on the ground staring at me for a moment before I cocked my brow at him. “What?”

“Aren’t you going to help me up?” He asked.

“Ha!” I scoffed. “You have arms and legs, help yourself up.”

He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

I sighed, extending my hand. “Fine.”

He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling himself to his feet.

I turned to walk away but he grabbed my arm. “Hey, wait! What’s your name? I’m Niall!”

I glanced over my shoulder and smiled. “Karoline.”

He nodded, seeming satisfied as he let my arm go, letting me walk away.