Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“This is your condition?” Niall raised his brows as he looked behind me.

I looked back at Shelby and Katy who were smiling and waving at the blonde haired boy, then shrugged my shoulders. “What’d you expect?”

He chuckled and shook his head. “To be fair, I didn’t know what to expect.” He stepped out of the doorway and swept his arm out to the side. “Well, come in. The rest of the boys are already set up to watch Toy Story.”

Shelby covered her mouth as she giggled. “I can’t believe we’re going to have a Disney movie marathon with a bunch of teenage boys.”

Katy pulled Shelby through the door, announcing that they were here and the boys needed to make room for them. There was some shuffling and the sound of someone getting hit, followed by one of the boys yelling out.

Niall looked at me and I shrugged again. “They probably didn’t move fast enough.”

He laughed then grabbed my hand, pulling me into the room. He and Liam had moved the beds as far against the walls as possible, leaving a big open space in the middle of the room where they had piled all the blankets from their beds. The other four boys were all sprawled out in the floor, discussing whether they were going to watch al three Toy Story movies tonight or not, while Katy and Shelby were sat on the bed at the farthest end of the room.

I took a seat on the other bed while Niall popped in the movie and the boys complained how many people were crammed in Niall and Liam’s small room.

“If you don’t like it, leave,” Niall said simply as he pressed the play button and came to sit next to me on what I assumed was his bed, judging by the Irish flag pillow cases we were leaning against.

Everyone settled in as the movie began, passing the popcorn bowl around the room so everyone could have a bit. I refused it as Niall held it out to me and the circle began with Louis again.

About twenty minutes passed before Niall yawned and stretched, slinging his arm over my shoulders. I glanced up at him and he gave me a sheepish look. “Sorry, this is just more comfortable.”

I smiled at him and wiggled closer to his side so I could lay my head on his shoulder. Nobody had noticed us yet, but whenever Shelby and Katy did I knew they whole room would soon know.

We watched the rest of the movie like this, not talking just resting against each other. It was a nice feeling, having someone there next to me with their arm around me. Shelby noticed us halfway through the movie, but she didn’t say anything, she just smirked and turned to whisper to Katy. Katy looked in our direction but simply winked and turned back to the TV. I rolled my eyes at them, knowing the thoughts that went through their head.

Liam popped in the second Toy Story once the first was over, but by the middle of it everyone had fallen asleep except Niall and I. We were just sitting there talking about our childhoods when all the sudden he sat up and beamed at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, suspicion clouding my face. “What…?”

“I have a brilliant idea…”

*****

Ten minutes later, I was armed with a water gun and a bucket of water balloons.

“Should I be concerned that you have these things already prepared…?” I questioned the blonde haired boy, staring down at my bucket of grenades.

He shrugged. “I never know what the lads are going to do to me.”

I shook my head before picking up the bucket and following him out of the residence building and down the path to the main building.

“We won’t get in trouble for this, will we?” I asked, not really worried but still curious.

Niall looked over his shoulder at me with a huge grin stretched across his face. “We might.”

I smirked back at him. “Excellent.”

We split up once we got to the dance building. I took the sidewalk that would lead to the outdoor eating area, Niall took the front entrance. Our goal: to start a massive water fight. And boy would it be epic if it worked.

I casually walked up the flight of stairs that led to the balcony overhanging the eating area and placed my bucket on the ground, looking over the wall at my mass of target below. The first person I spotted was my formal roommate, Claire. She was definitely going down.

I picked up one of the balloons and tested it in my hand; it seemed like it’d be easy enough to throw at the girl. I glanced down again to judge the distance then nodded. With a flick of my wrist, I sent the water filled balloon soaring over the wall and right at Claire. I ducked down behind the stone as it crashed into her head, bursting into a fit of laughter when I heard the girl squeal and the girls around her scream.

“WHO THREW THAT!” Claire bellowed.

I peaked over the wall to see her angrily staring at the crowd around her. Everyone except the two girls flanking her were laughing their heads off. My smile grew wider as I picked up two more balloons and sent them flying. This time I didn’t duck as they hit the girls at Claire’s sides, reveling in the sight of them flailing their arms and shouting.

Claire looked up at me, point one finger at me while the other hand balled into a fist. “You!” She screamed.

I waved. “Thought you could use some cooling off!”

She was about to say something else when a group of teenagers came running around the building, wielding buckets of water and water guns. Niall followed soon after, yelling at me to catch up.

I grabbed my gun and some more balloons and started chucking them and spraying anyone within range. Soon enough the whole eating area was soaked and dancers were running around, shouting and using any water they could find. Some were even resorting to using the harbor to get buckets filled and throw at one another. I quickly ran out of balloons and raced down the stair to grab some from the pale Niall had behind him. I tossed him my gun so he had double the force and picked up the bucket, throwing balloons at anyone who got near us.

I heard a voice shout behind me and turned, letting a balloon fly toward the person only to realize too late that I had just made the worst mistake of my life.

The water filled rubber crashed into Ms. Raine’s face, breaking on contact.

Everyone froze where they stood, dropping their weapons in shock.

“Karoline! Niall! My office! Now!” She screamed at us, pointing in the direction of her office.

Niall and I looked at each other, both of our eyes wide and frightened.

The expression on his face probably mirrored the one mine. The expression of fear and realization as a singled thought crossed our minds.

We are so screwed…

Uh oh! Sounds like trouble. What do you guys think Ms. Raine is going to do to them?

Question time: What's a band you have currently started obsessing over in the past few  weeks? Mine is Allstar Weekend. I recently rediscovered them and forgot how much I liked them! I'm glad I rediscovered them.

I'm up to a B in math guys. This is major. I had a C- and now I have a B! Gah, I'm so excited!

Peaceskies! xx Shel