Chapter Sixty Six.

The next day, Lashelle sat at the table of Joseph's and took a sip of her water. She was meeting Kelly for a lunch between old friends. Something her therapist told her was to make sure to repair any burned bridges and leave things on a good note with anyone who was close to her. Her and Kelly were great friends first and she felt that he deserved an apology and some proper closure. She talked it over with Trey first to make sure he was ok with it and surprisingly, he was.

He told her to make things right and make sure any extra weight she was carrying was off of her shoulders. She thanked him for understanding. She underestimated just how much she truly loved him. She had the perfect man and she'd never take him for granted ever again.

She looked over by the door and saw Kelly walking in. She waved her hand and he smiled, making his way to the table. He looked good in his dark jeans, black v-neck t-shirt and matching Jordans. He removed his shades and tucked them into the collar of his shirt.

"Well, well. If it isn't the superstar herself." He greeted her.

She chuckled and stood up, "Hey."

They shared a hug and took their seats in the booth. A waitress came up to them and got his drink order. The two informed her that they needed time to decide what to eat and she gladly let them have the time while she went to get his drink.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again if it wasn't on tv." He told her.

"I know, it's been a while. That's why I invited you to lunch, so we could talk." She replied, placing a lock of hair behind her ear, "But before that, let's figure out what to eat. I'm starving."

"You've always been a lowkey foodie." He chuckled.

She smiled and looked through her menu. Soon, the waitress brought Kelly his drink and the two of them gave her their orders. He chose the barbecue chicken sandwich with french fries while she settled on the Caesar salad and smoked honey salmon tacos.

"Eating light today?" He asked her.

"A little. I've been going a bit crazy with the junk food, so I'm trying to chill. I've gained like, twenty pounds." She chuckled.

"I feel you. But you look good, though."

"Thanks."

"So what's up? What'd you want to talk about?"

Lashelle cleared her throat and sat up slightly straighter.

"I wanted to apologize for treating you so bad a few years ago. Regardless of whatever we had, you were my friend and I shouldn't have done you like that." She expressed.

"What happened with you, Shellz? I mean, I'm thinking we were cool and everything and then you switched up on me." He wondered.

"Too much emotional baggage and too many demons had me down."

"Care to let me in on it? I mean, I know we haven't spoke in a minute, but you know I still care about you. Tell me the deal."

She sighed and began to tell him everything she'd been dealing with prior to their relationship and even long afterwards. He was surprised that she was going through so much and he felt for her. Lashelle tried not to get emotional as she talked about her trials and troubles.

"Goddamn. You were dealing with all of that? I had no idea." He stated perplexed.

"No one did." She shrugged.

"After hearing this, I understand why you did what you did. If it was me, I can't lie and say I wouldn't be the same way. But I commend you for getting yourself together. That takes a lot of strength. But best believe, you were always a strong one to me." He nodded.