Chapter Forty Four.

"Thank you for coming. Have a great day." Stephanie smiled at her client.

Her client thanked her and walked out of the salon. Stephanie plopped down on the chair at her station and placed her head on the table.

"Poor thing is all tired out, huh?" Karrene asked.

"You have no idea." Stephanie popped her head up and ran her fingers through her hair, "Ten appointments damn near back to back without a proper break. I'm ready to head home."

"You got any more today?" Mia asked, curling her hair in the mirror at her station.

Stephanie shook her head, "Nope. That was last one for the day."

"Maybe Priscilla will let you go when she comes back." Skye told her.

"I hope so. I haven't eaten since earlier this morning, so I'm starving."

Stephanie grabbed her phone and scrolled through her contacts until she saw Stassi's. She pressed her name and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Mama."

"Si, mi ángel?"

"Please tell me you are cooking something good tonight." She pleaded.

Stassi chuckled, "Si, I am. I'm making carne asada tacos and seven layer taco dip tonight for the tortilla chips."

"Could I invite Drew over for dinner?"

"Of course. You know he's always welcome. Tell him if he wants to stay over, he can."

"Ok, I will. Thank you. I'm finished with all of my appointments for the day and I'm waiting for Priscilla to come back from her time with Ana. If I can get home early, I'll tell him to come over and I'll help you with dinner."

"Alright, sweetie, I'll be here."

"Ok, see you soon. Love you, mama."

"I love you too, angel."

She hung up and as soon as she did, Priscilla walked through the door.

"Hey, hey ladies. How have things been going?" She greeted them.

"I'm exhausted." Stephanie said.

"Boss Lady, you'd be proud of your sister. She was like a mini you, running around here. She was doing her thing." Karrene complimented Steph.

"Agreed. She was handling her business." Skye added.

"Really? Well, I'm glad to hear that. Looks like I know my salon would be in good hands when I'm not here. Good job, Steph." Priscilla smiled.

"Thanks. Now, can I please get out of here? I am starving and I am tired."

Priscilla chuckled, "You finished all of your appointments?"

"Yep."

"Alright, go ahead."

"Thank you." She removed her smock and hung it up, "I will see y'all tomorrow. Candace, welcome to the family."

"Thank you." Candace smiled.

Stephanie grabbed her phone and her purse before walking out the door. She called up Drew to see if he was still at work as she walked towards her car.

"NiNi. What's up, sexy?" He answered, causing her to chuckle.

"Hey, you. Are you still at work?" She asked him.

"Yeah. I'm finishing up, though."

"Well, mama is cooking tonight and she said that you can come over and even stay if you wanted to."