Chapter Thirty One.

The next day, Anastasia was in the kitchen cooking breakfast at 8:00 a.m. as Adele's 21 album played on her computer. She flipped the golden brown pancake with the spatula and used a pair of tongs to flip the bacon in the other pan. She also had hashbrowns cooking in another pan on the stove. She didn't go into work again in order to be there for her mother, but she kept in contact with Amber and Sabrina and they promised to keep her updated on things going on in the office.

Jermaine had to work, but he asked Anastasia to call him and let him know how Stassi's surgery went. He went to pick up Arielle since she was off from school for the day and asked Anastasia to watch after her for him until he got off of work. After Anastasia and Janet's fight, he didn't want Janet dropping Arielle off.

She placed the pancake on the stack of one plate and placed the bacon on the other plate. She did the same with the hashbrowns once they were completed. In a matter of seconds, the door opened and Jermaine and Arielle walked into the house.

"Got it smelling mighty good in here, baby love." Jermaine told her.

"Thank you. I knew Arielle was coming over and I figured both of you would be hungry, so I decided to cook breakfast. I have pancakes, bacon and hashbrowns." Anastasia replied with a nod.

"That was sweet of you. Wasn't it, Arielle?" Jermaine said, looking down at the five year old.

"I guess so." Arielle shrugged.

Anastasia just chuckled and shook her head as she began to make their plates. Arielle hopped up on the stool by the island and Anastasia passed the plate to her along with a fork. She did the same with Jermaine and he looked at her.

"Where is your plate?" He asked.

"I can't barely eat right now, to be honest. I'm too nervous for mama."

"You've got to eat something, Ana."

"When she comes out of that operating room safe and breathing, I will eat. I promise."

He simply nodded his head, said his grace and began to tear into his breakfast. Arielle seemed to be enjoying it herself and that made Anastasia feel a bit proud.

"I'll be right back. I need to go change. You two enjoy your breakfast." She told them.

Anastasia walked upstairs to her bedroom and she entered her walk-in closet. She changed into a pair of light blue denim jeans, a fitted white tee and a pair of white pumps. She sat down at her vanity and brushed her hair up into a high ponytail. Even though she wasn't going anything too extravagant for the day and her outfit was simple, she figured her makeup had to be flawless.

She started with the basics, applying primer all over her face first. She decided to do a brown cut crease look, which was simple, but still made a statement.

As she was doing her makeup, Arielle came into her room.

"Um, my dad is cleaning the kitchen and told me to come up here to check on you. I'm going to be with you today?" She asked Anastasia.

"Yes. Just until your dad gets off of work. I'm going to the hospital to see my mother. She's having surgery today." Anastasia nodded her head as she applied her eyeliner.

"Oh."

As she was finishing up her makeup, she noticed that Arielle was watching her closely in fascination and wonder.

"That looks really cool." Arielle complimented her.

Anastasia's eyebrows raised in shock, "Thank you."

"It looks like it took a lot."

"It did." She chuckled, "But once you learn how to perfect it, it's a lot of fun."

"Do you....think maybe you could teach me?"

She looked at the five year old and raised her eyebrow, "You want me to teach you?"

Arielle nodded her head. Anastasia thought about it and figured there wouldn't be any harm with teaching her how to do makeup.

"Ok, I guess I could do that." Anastasia agreed, "Now you won't be able to wear it until you're older, but at least you'll be able to keep it in mind."

Anastasia heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Jermaine walked into the room.

"I'm getting ready to head out." He informed them.

"Ok, we'll see you later today."

"Alright." He bent down to Arielle's level and grabbed her hands, "You, be good and don't give Anastasia any trouble. Ok?"

"Yes, daddy."

"I love you."

"I love you too, daddy."

He kissed the five year old's forehead and stood up to his full height, "Can you go downstairs for a second and let me talk to Ana?"

Arielle nodded her head and walked out of the room, heading down the stairs. Anastasia stood up and Jermaine pulled her close to him, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Be patient with her today, ok? If she gets out of line, just call me." He told her.

"I will. You know, she came in here watching me do my makeup and asked me to teach her how to do it."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Well, maybe she's coming around."

"I hope so. You know I have no problem with whupping a child for a parent."

He chuckled, "I know you don't, baby love. But let's hope you don't have to. Tell mama I love her and I'll come by and see her after work."

"I will."

"I love you, Queen."

"I love you too, King."

He kissed her lips and gently squeezed her waist. Anastasia grabbed her purse and the two of them walked down the stairs. Jermaine, Arielle and Anastasia all walked out of the house together and went their separate ways to their cars. Anastasia helped Arielle buckle herself in as Jermaine got into his car. After Arielle was buckled in, Anastasia walked over to her side and waved at Jermaine. He puckered his lips at her, kissing the air as he started the car.

Anastasia repeated the same motion and allowed Jermaine to back out of the driveway first. She turned on the radio and carefully backed out before pulling off onto the road.

Once her and Arielle arrived to the hospital, they walked inside and went into the lobby to see Stephanie, Priscilla and Carlos sitting down and conversing with each other.

"Hey, y'all." Anastasia greeted them.

"Hey, Ana." Priscilla hugged her.

"Tío, is anybody else coming?"

"Sandra, Theodore, Milo, Alexandria and Sheila will be flying in tomorrow afternoon and they'll be coming to the house to see Stassi. Trey said he'd be able to come by the house tomorrow, too. The doctor said that if everything goes right, Stassi should be home tomorrow." He explained.

"Ok, great." She nodded her head, "Oh, by the way, this is Arielle. This is Jermaine's daughter. He had to go to work and she doesn't have school, so he asked me to look after her."

"Nice to meet you, sweetie. I'm Priscilla, Ana's older sister." Priscilla shook her hand.

"And I'm Stephanie, Ana's younger sister." Stephanie smiled.

"And I'm Carlos, I'm their uncle. Nice to meet you, pretty girl." Carlos shook her hand.

"How long did they say the operation would take?" Anastasia asked.

"They didn't, but it shouldn't take too long. She should be out before noon." Priscilla said.

Anastasia nodded her head and sat down next to Stephanie as Arielle sat down next to her. She pulled out her iPad from her purse and gave it to Arielle, allowing her to occupy herself while they patiently waited.