25 I love you

Derek went out. He seemed tensed when he left. But I didn't intrude. I have seen him speaking on the phone to someone and I suspect it is Silvia. I didn't intrude. If I wanted to really know details, all I got was to hack his number but this hacking business is becoming all too boring for me. I need a life, not to see how others lead their lives. The thought made me laugh.

The days Derek isn't at home I don't wear the hijab. It's easy and more comfortable. Also I don't wear Hijab in my room. And the weather is pretty hot. So I walked to get some water in the kitchen.

"Sweetheart"

I heard the voice stopped moving. I felt like I couldn't bring myself to make another step. I couldn't even turn. My heart was beating fast yet I feel like I cant breath.

Can it really be him or my mind playing games with my wishful thinking?

I stood where I was without moving or speaking. Then I felt a warm familiar hand circle around my waist and pulling me closer. And I slowly turned to see the man who once destroyed me yet has the ability to heal me. Brad.

Without a single word, I buried my head in his chest and start crying. I know I shouldn't do it. I know what I do is wrong. I know it. But I cant help but take this comfort. I cant help but look in to his eyes, the eyes of my son and not respond. I cant help reaching out for some warmth and love. I simply cant.

I put my hands around Brad's waist and hugged him as my life depends on him while my tears are drenching his shirt. He kissed my forehead and try to lift my head but I didn't want to move.

"I can't stay for long. I have some work to do. But it was getting hard to go without seeing you. I had to come" I nodded. How am I to respond to such confession? His hold on me got a little tight.

"Sweetheart, lets talk" he said so tenderly my heart melt. All anger and resentment I had just vanished with his tone.

"Please babe" he said gently pulling me away from him yet holding me.

"You betrayed my trust when you drugged me. You left me here despite it was my war that you are fighting" I told him when I gained my composure.

"I would do that and worse if that means I need to keep you off harm" he said firmly. I didn't want to argue over this, at least not yet. We sat next to each other on the sofa.

"You are beautiful. Too beautiful for your own good" he said taking a lock of my hair and smelling it.

I am wearing a red top and a pant. No hijab.

"Why are you here Brad?"

"I don't know how long I can hold on this. If I strike once, I was pushed ten steps behind. I got Abraham's sons trapped but  the same week Jerusalem declared as the capital of Israel and people are dying as if to punish me. I am going to strike again, this time the establishment will shake and crumble a little but it's a suicide mission. I don't think we can stay here after that" he explained.

"You all leave the country. Go to Jordan or Lebanon. I will follow you all. Right now I don't think I can move without being arrested" that's the truth.

Brad chuckled. And that piss me off.

"Hold on princess. No pissing off with me. Derek and Silvia may go. But I am with you. We go together" he said. And I didn't like it.

"They have framed me. I cant go unless I clear my name" I told him.

"And that is why I am here to ask you something that you might not like. But I have a plan. For that I need you to do this" he said.