21 I am hers

Hayah kept calling her journalist friend but no answer.

"No one knows he exists" she said with concern.

"Derik, take the wheels. Silvia front" and we switched places. I need to think what we are going to do. Driving endlessly will not help. I sat beside Hayah.

"check the news. Is it possible to set an alert on all our names, so if it comes out anywhere in the web, we might be able to get a notification?" I wanted to know. Hayah is a tech genius and I am sure she would be able to do anything online. And she didn't disappoint me.

"Okay" she started to work.

And I began to form a plan.

I knew how dirty this establishment is. But I never put my conscious to it before. But now that things happen the way they are which I believe for the best, I want justice. If I can't find justice, then I have to make sure I do justice.

I was tempted to kill Hanson for all what he did. But Abraham is also equally guilty. I have about a list of 5 men who make sure Palestine remained that way and people are killed and oppressed. It is their duty. I want to take down each one of them. I know this will not put an end to the oppression nor occupation, but at least it will ease a little.

So, if I kill those who are responsible for murdering men, women and children on fails pretense, I am sure they will execute me. But justice will be served. If I wait patiently to media and government to pick up which never does, chances more people will get killed. A strange battle was going on in my head.

"Are you alright?" Hayah asked me. I can see some worries in her eyes. Is she worried about me?

"Yes. What's up with the journalist?"

"He isn't picking up" she said. And the computer started to buzz.

"Why the hell is your computer screaming?" Derik asked as the buzzers went crazy.

Hayah looked like someone just punched her gut.

"What is it?" Silvia asked from the front seat.

"Robert is dead and apparently I killed him" she said looking at me with shock. Oh my God. These bastards will go to any extend to get what they want, I thought to myself and then corrected myself. I  use to be one of them and I have travelled extra miles. Hayah is a living example of that.

"F*ck" that's all Silvia said knowing things are getting complicated.

I can see realization slowly setting in for Hayah and I pulled her towards me, and wrapped my arms. She was numb for sometime. I was waiting for the tears, and slowly it came in.

"Hayah, no time to cry. We need to get you  out of the country" Derik told her kind of irritated. I am sure he isn't use to crying women but that is no excuse for being irritated with Hayah.

"Leave it Derik. Give her the space" I said warningly, letting for the 3rd time Hayah cry. I was expecting the panic to come anytime after the tears ends. That is how it works. But I held her close while Silvia read the news.

"They have found a knife which was used to kill Robert. They assume it's Hayah's as apparently some other item had revealed her identity" Silvia said.

"An alert has been issued. Anyone seen Hayah is ask to report to the police" she updated.

Hayah still kept her head buried in my chest while I rubbed her back, kissing her forehead.

"Don't worry sweetheart. I am here. We will get through this. I promise" I told her and immediately felt her relax. And she nodded. My heart just stopped for a while. I was able to rob her life and my son from her, but she was still able to keep a part of that innocence in her. And I immediately felt the anger building up.