24 Opportunities

Derek became the brother I never had.

That was very apparent in our relationship. But what amazes me most is his inclination to Islam. As we living condition didn't improve nor our ability to find an escape, are bond grew. Whenever I have an anxiety or panic attack, Derek stood by me holding my hand. Whenever I cry for Musa, which is quite often, he stood by me. And I dearly love him as a brother.

I always kept a tab on Silvia and Brad. They have come to the spotlight. It happened gradually but their presence is felt. I can also see that they have resumed to their old lifestyle of lavish luxury. Myself and Derek coming from poverty lines, we know what it means to be hungry. What it means to be poor. I know the meaning of injustice. I have been oppressed and I know the pain. But for Brad and Silvia, they can't endure what I can. Derek might survive but no one knows pain more than me. Since all of these people have come to mean something to me during my stay in US, now I am reluctant to subject them to any further trouble or pain.

Brad is trying hard. I can see from some people he have met which became the headline of news instantly. Silvia is working with Palestine activists. I know they are trying hard, and I know if not now, one day their efforts will help to free Palestine. But I am the luggage they carry and it is killing me.

"Derek, can you do something for me?" after careful consideration I asked him.

"What is it?" he asked concerned.

"Please go back to Silvia. I think all of you have paid a dear price for wanting to protect me. I don't want to see anymore suffering. My suffering is endless but that doesn't mean I have to take everyone down that painful path" I can feel tears in my eyes. But I didn't care.

"I want you all to be happy. Fight for us but you don't have to live a miserable existence because of me. We have fought the occupation and illegal state of Israel for so long and we survived. And we will continue to survive. The least I can do for you, as someone I dearly love is to let you live happily" I told him.

"Hayah, what nonsense are you talking? Please, now don't worry yourself over this. Brad and Silvia will find a way to get us through this while you try to clear your name. See, we are working here as a team" he told me with kindness.

"But look at these pics" I showed them the pic of Brad and Silvia.

"They deserve to live like that, not like how we live. And Derek it's been closer to an year. I am really tired of hiding for something I didn't do. I want to move back to my country"

"What the hell are you talking about Hayah? Do you for once realize how much Silvia and Brad have sacrificed for the same cause you are fighting again? Brad lost his son. I am here with you on my own free will. Please, just forget about this. Give Brad and Silvia a little time to sort it out" he said.

And I kept quite. I need to move on. I feel like I am suffocating in this country. I want to go to my country, my home and my people.

"Hayah, I want you to hack something for me. Don't look at the video or pics but can you access these two numbers and let me in to their gallery?" Derek asked me.

"Okay" at least to keep my mind off trouble. I did what he asked me to do.

***************************************

Bingo..

"Well done Brad" Silvia said with a broad smile. I couldn't stop myself from smiling as well. It took sometime but it ended up quite well. Abraham has two sons. Two gay men. Their sexual identities were kept a secret. Though the Zionist movement sponsor LGBTQ communities, they keep their circle pretty conventional. Homosexuality is not permitted in their elite circle.