Damon shoves Hunter aside. "I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see you again."

Thalia takes a step back, distaste forming on her face as Noah and I laugh. She turns to me, mouth agape, "God, boys are so...obnoxious."

"Um, you can't possibly be talking about us." Damon scoffs, motioning towards him and his friends.

Thalia's eyes slip into a glower. "Did I stutter?"

Damon and Hunter's jaws drop and Noah's practically rolling on the floor laughing. I grab Thalia's wrist and tug her back. "Alright, I think that's a nice place to end the conversation. See you guys tonight!" I call out as I drag Thalia away.

One thing Thalia hates is incessant flirting. She finds it irritating and pointless, plus she thinks arrogant boys are more annoying than anything.

"Those boys have no shame, do they?" Thalia asks rhetorically as we walk to our English class. By some miracle, Thalia, Alyce, Katia and I have the same English class.

"Flirting is in their blood," I grin. "Besides, Damon's cute."

"He's a player," Thalia replies, sitting down at our table with Aly and Katia already there. "I don't mess around with players."

"Who's a player?" Alyce asks, leaning forwards with interest.

"Damon Smith," I tell her. "But I think he's just got a flirty personality."

"I didn't know you knew them so well," Katia says curiously.

"I don't," I say, frowning. "I've talked to Noah twice now, and I just met his friends. They're very outgoing and aren't afraid to flirt."

Thalia scoffs, crossing her arms, her usual attitude beginning to show. "That's an understatement. They flirt with anything that has legs and a heartbeat."

We laugh at that, but then Alyce says, "that means I have a chance!"

Katia giggles, playfully shoving Alyce. "Where is your dignity, Aly?"

Alyce snorts, "Dignity? Never heard of her."

I stare at Alyce for a moment. "You're unbelievable."

"That's part of my charm." Alyce smiles.

❀ ❀ ❀

As the bell signalling the end of school rings, I'm out of my seat in a flash and leave the class before the teacher could spew some bullshit about "the bell doesn't dismiss you, I dismiss you."

I make my way to my locker, ready to throw my socials textbook in there. A tall figure falls in line beside me, and I glance up in surprise to see Noah, flashing me a brilliant smile. He's not with Damon and Hunter. I find it odd seeing him without his friends flanking him.

"I'm sorry about Damon and Hunter," Noah says as we stop at my locker. "They have no boundaries when it comes to flirting."

I chuckle, opening my locker and emptying the heavy weight of my textbooks. "I'm not really surprised. Just warn Damon that Thalia is a tough one and his normal flirting tactics won't work on her."

Noah laughs. "I'll be sure to let him know. I hope I get to see you at the party tonight. I heard that Thalia and Jasper invited almost the entire Senior class."

I nod, imaging the huge mess that's gonna come from this. "They're insane. But you know them, Thalia and Jasper love their parties."

"Well, if you guys need help with the cleanup, Damon, Hunter and I can help," Noah smiles kindly. I am a little bit thrown off by his offer, until he continues and says, "Well, Damon and Hunter really want an excuse to spend time and flirt with Alyce and Thalia. I told Hunter who the girl is."

I raise an eyebrow curiously. "And they don't mind cleaning up a giant house after a party?"

Noah shrugs, leaning against the locker beside mine. "No, but maybe I also just wanted an excuse to get to know you better."

I feel slight heat brush my cheeks as I look at Noah, trying to see if he actually means what he's saying. "Why would you want that?"

Noah purses his lips, shuffling uncomfortably. "You seem...genuine and I can hold a conversation with you easily. I like that in a friend. My whole life, I've only ever really relied on Damon and Hunter for friendship. As much as I love them, we all want to be able to meet new people."

Though unexpected, it is kind of nice to hear him say that. I'm glad I don't come off as though I am throwing myself at him, the way a lot of girls tend to act around him. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, I just don't want him to get the wrong impression. I shut my locker and shoulder my bag.

Aside from Jasper, I've never really had any good guy friends. They either expected different things from our friendship or we just didn't click. There aren't a lot of guys that I trust as a friend should. I have always been perfectly content with my small yet special group of friends.

There had been one boy who had broken down my walls. It didn't end well for me. I guess that deterred me from giving other guys a chance.

"I'm sure Thalia and Jasper would appreciate the extra help," I nod. "I'll talk to them when we're setting up."

Noah flashes a pretty smile, his brown hair an intentional mess. "Great. Text me when you get an answer from them."

"I don't have your number." I state dumbly.

Noah rolls his eyes, pulling out his phone. "That was the signal to give me your number. You're cute, Diana, but you don't have much up there." He pats the top of my head teasingly and passes me his phone as I scowl at him.

I pass him my phone and we exchange phone numbers. Who knows? Maybe Noah could actually turn out to be a good friend.

We bid goodbye to each other and I walk to the parking lot to find Alyce waiting for me, sitting on the hood of her car.

Alyce smiles, jumping off her car and getting in the driver's seat as I slide into the passenger's. "I heard we're going to the Thompson's at six to help set up."

I nod as Alyce pulls out of the parking lot. "Guess who offered to help cleanup after the party."

Alyce's lower lip slips out, the way it does when she is thinking. "Noah Jackson?" Alyce looks at me and laughs. "Just kidding. Who?"

"Not Noah," I grin as Alyce pouts. "Noah, Damon and Hunter offered."

Alyce nearly drives us into a bush.

A/N: little fun moments with Diana and Noah + his friends! I'm really loving the first stages of friendships between Diana and the three boys.

Tell me what you think, comment <3