Alexandria

The engine went off and your bodies moved to a row. You got out of the car one by one, slowly, as if you didn't want to believe it, as if you were afraid to see where you had arrived, where you might live. A gate rose in front of you, huge and solid, enriched with rust stains. Out of this deep and cold silence came distant sounds, voices. Laughter. That was laughing from children. Rick looked back and watched each of you. He now believed in this place. Aaron approached the gate and called someone named Nicholas. As soon as he appeared behind the metal bars, suddenly an opossum ran between your legs and Daryl immediately shot it with an arrow. The guard opened the gate and looked at you confused. It must be strange to see people like you... The archer grabbed the animal and swung it back and forth.

"We brought Dinner.", he said.

You smiled at Nicholas and tried to stay calm. You were afraid you wouldn't pass the test that would soon throw you back on the road. You sincerely hoped that the most unpredictable people behaved well, like Daryl and Abraham. Aaron motioned for you to follow him and entered the community. You looked around and were ready to capture every meticulous detail as if everything was useful to you. The gate closed behind you, and you were trapped in this new area.

"Before you go on, you have to give us the weapons, if you want to stay...", Nicholas informed, but Rick immediately contradicted.

This time, you wouldn't have learned about the sheriff's decisions unless they were completely wrong or premature. You didn't want to be more hostile to the group.

"We don't know yet if we want to stay."

Aaron understood the situation and calmed his friend. He did not seem very convinced, but didn't insist.

"Let's talk to Deanna first.", he told Aaron.

"Who is Deanna?", you asked curiously.

"She's the one who knows everything you want to know about this place.", Aaron replied: "Rick, do you want to go first?"

The sheriff turned around to understand your intentions, whether it was good or not. Then he focused on something far away, slightly behind Sasha. He suddenly whirled around and took his revolver. He aimed and killed a walker in the immediate vicinity.

"That we arrived.", Rick said, now moving forward.

As a first approximation, you weren't very friendly, but you hoped that the members of this community could understand and accept it. It would have been very difficult to settle down. Nicholas accompanied Rick to the woman and Aaron showed you two houses. The private driveway, the hardened grass, the perfect plaster. They appeared as if they had just come from a catalog. It was as if this piece of the world had never been contaminated by the destruction. Besides, they reminded you of those days...

"They belong to you, there's everything you need inside, organize yourself as you see fit.", he told you.

Nicholas would come back and get one of you. Deanna had expressed the will to get to know each other bit by bit. Michonne and Maggie looked at each other enthusiastically and crossed the threshold first. Everyone followed and separated randomly between the two structures. Only Daryl and you stood outside looking at the drywall.

"Can you belive that?"

"I don't know.", he snorted: "The whole shit stinks."

You took a quick look around the neighborhood. It was so bright, colorful, alive. The flowers adorned the paths, the trees were full of fruit. The windows had no dust layer. A lady even went for a walk with a dog.