A Painful Memory

You went side by side. She wasn't a woman of many words. A quality that you still appreciated. You couldn't bear to talk to her. You tried to tell yourself not to kill her, though your mind gave you a thousand ways to do it. Her own Katana swung to the rhythm of her footsteps. Dark dreadlocks on her shoulders, a bandana in her hair. Athletic. Pretty. But a personality hiding a dark side. She seemed offended, as if she wasn't satisfied with the task assigned to her. She felt compelled to keep an eye on you, but you could understand it. She had no idea who you were, what you could do... The mission was pretty easy to get medical supplies, but in this world there was nothing easy and obvious anymore. When you were close enough to the pharmacy of a ruined small town, she pulled out the katana. After you killed a Walker you entered a house and heard noises above you. Yoy also took out your katana. As you went up the stairs, two Walkers were pointed at you. You stuck to the idea Michonne had suggested to you. You cut off their jaws with the blade and Michonne robbed them of their upper limbs. You were a little hesitant. You didn't know if with these two simple Walkers the little herd wouldn't recognize you, but she was sure it would work. That wasn't the first time... So you went back to the street. Slowly, carefully, to avoid any suspicious movement, you both passed through the crowd of living dead. It was a tricky situation, but at the same time you were almost amused. You never thought of using a Walker as a pet. You kept him on a leash, like a dog. Being with them means being like them. That's why the Walkers didn't notice your presence. You continued at a slow pace until you saw the building on the street corner. From the outside, it seemed to be in good condition. In front of the entrance was a large chain, enriched by the respective padlock. Someone had already gone that way... However, you had hoped to find something that was helpful, but there was the possibility that another group had already taken everything.

"Did you find something?", Michonne asked a short time later.

"No, just a few pills, but we could still look around in the storage room."

"Yes, maybe something is still there."

Her annoyed tone made you think that she had a feeling for it, but you were not sure if that was just it. Maybe she was careful because she didn't know you long enough. But the door to the storage room was locked from the inside. When you tried to crack the lock, the door snapped back and suddenly opened.

"Go back!", a man shouted. But the first thing you saw was the barrel of a .44 Magnum aimed at your forehead. You got up and went back to see another man coming forward, pointing his sawed-off shotgun at your companion. She remained silent, one hand behind her head, holding the hilt of the sword.

"We don't want problems, this is our refuge, so get out and nobody gets hurt...", the stranger ordered. The first person was characterized by a slim figure and a work suit. The other man, imposing, wore a large red plaid shirt. Behind them you noticed ammunition, bottles and canned food. They had supplies and feared that someone might steal their food. Their threatening attitude was tense. Neither you nor Michonne took them seriously. Their attitude betrayed incompetence in close combat, you could have killed them immediately, because none of them would fight and you could steal their supplies. But you could have negotiated. The problem was that you had little available and there was also the possibility that they would refuse. First of all, the situation had to be clarified. It hurt to admit it, but the complicity of Michonne would have been useful. You looked each other in the eye. To disarm the man, you would have had to be very quick. The movements to be performed are very simple, but to get a result, you have to be precise. You would have to hit the enemy's wrist with stiff palms. The left hand must slide against his wrist, so that the weapon is aimed at the bastard's body. At that moment, the opponent's grip would be weaker for a fraction of a second and you can rob him of his own weapon. Michonne would have to act as soon as you had his wrist and aimed her sharp blade at the other's neck. A wrong action and everything would take a new turn. The asshole could have shot you. A quick, clean punch, and the revolver was in your hands. Too easy... You were relieved to see the immovable man being threatened by the katana.