The Hangmen And The Victims

The air became warm and the nature around you lit up. A high flame rose in the dense foliage and spread slowly. You immediately reached the others, walked down the corridor, ignoring the questions and chatter of others. You all wondered what had happened, what could happen there, and not very far away. The suspicion immediately fell on Gareth and his gang. Your heart started to beat incredibly fast.

"What the hell is going on here?", Michonne asked, as if some of you had an idea.

"I don't know.", Rick said worriedly: "But we should check it out."

"Are you sure?", Sam asked: "Maybe we should barricade ourselves here."

"And wait?", Carol answered: "No, no way."

"It's also possible that someone needs help, we can not just stay here and do nothing.", you added.

"Y/N 's right, we gotta go.", urged Daryl.

Rick divided you into two groups. You, Daryl, Tyreese and Sasha would have gone ahead with him while the others defended the church. But Carl protested.

"But Dad, I want to go too! I can help!"

"I want you to stay with your sister and Beth, you have to protect them and I know you can do it, okay?"

It seemed strange to you that he hadn't brought Michonne with him. But when you thought about it, you needed someone who could deal with the situation in case of real danger, and she was undoubtedly capable of doing so.

"Nonsense!", Sam shouted: "Maybe someone just threw a Molotov cocktail and we only overreact."

"Do ya' really think such an explosion with such high flames 's due to a fuckin' Molotov?", Daryl shouted at him.

You admired Daryl at that moment and Sam fell silent. You walked quickly and carefully through the dense trees, careful not to trip. Sasha and her brother separated from you to take care of the fire. As soon as you, Rick, and Daryl arrived at the blast site, you noticed immediately that a truck had fallen on a side street. Someone had deliberately set fire to the vehicle and suddenly a huge herd of walkers appeared along the road, attracted by the loud noise.

"It's a damn trap!", the archer yelled angrily.

"They wanted us here for a reason.", Rick said, looking around. Then you heard gunshots nearby.

"Damn shit!", you exclaimed: "They wanted to separate us! We must go back immediately!"

You didn't wait a minute longer and ran like crazy, trying to get to the church as soon as possible. The shots undoubtedly showed that Tyreese and Sasha already had a chance to collide with the cannibals. You didn't feel any pain in your leg right now, but you knew it was just adrenaline. As you emerged from the forest, you noticed Michonne running toward Sasha, who was holding her left arm with a sore face. She had been hit.

"Sasha, Michonne!", Rick yelled: "Where's Tyreese?"

Carl, flanked by Carol, came out of the church and held a pistol in his hand.

"What happened?", the boy shouted.

"It 's a damn trap.", Daryl exposed.

"They're coming.", Sasha said: "We've been watching some of them closely, but as soon as we realized that others are coming here, we immediately turned around to warn you all. Tyreese was right behind me... I-... "

You saw how she had dreaded her brother's life, she was afraid that something had happened to him. Michonne flinched and avoided running to find him. You had to position yourselves and be prepared. A shot echoed... Someone had shot in the air. The same one who came to you. Gareth.