Honest

A metallic noise collided against the walls, echoing in the confines of the room. The bathroom door had closed, driven by muscular arms. Rick went furious with a stern look in your direction. He grabbed you by the collar of your shirt and approached you. Carol started blocking him, but failed. The sheriff must have overheard the conversation. He had followed you, had reached you, perhaps to tell you something, but when he saw you with the woman, he had preferred to hear your conversation first. Carol had stopped motionless, but you were sure to die. Rick would have made you talk and then he would have killed you. These cold and piercing eyes...

"How do you know his name?", he asked, taking a deep breath.

"I know him, I know this man..."

The grip was strengthened and urged you to continue: "Rick, I worked for him... When I showed up here, it was just to gather information... Woodbury needed to know before he organized the attack... But instead of going back and to tell all, I admonished Philip to leave you alone... He lied to me, I was not there when you attacked the city to get back your companions, because I was on a mission for months... What I knew about you, was totally wrong, please believe me, it's the truth!", you explained desperately. He released his grip and threw you to the ground with full force. He screamed, repeating the word 'shit' several times, and in the meantime he held his head and pressed against his temples. Carol looked at you with a mixture of hate and gratitude. She had understood that you told the truth, you had no reason to lie. Of course, she was not one hundred percent sure, but she despised you anyway for you fraudulent figure... The group had welcomed you, all in all, they had treated you very well. Rick leaned against a wall, his hands closing behind his neck. He made these repetitive movements and bobbed back and forth unconsciously. Carol did not seem to be surprised... Rick had probably reacted that way many times, but you couldn't blame him.

"I trusted you, damnit! I trusted you...", the sheriff murmured, while Carol crouched beside you with a certain contempt.

"He abused you for that?", she asked and you nodded.

"Fuck off! Get the hell away from us!", Rick shouted and came back to you furiously. Carol stopped the sheriff and prevented him from reaching you again.

"Rick! Rick, listen to me, there's no point in throwing her out now! Y/N didn't share amy information with the Governor, he'll attack anyway. We need to get ready.", she said, and he turned away from her.

"To end this war, it means the certain death for us! How can you believe her?"

You got up cautiously and Rick immediately pulled his gun out of the holster, but Carol started talking again: "Y/N really tried to change that man's opinion, I'm sure. But I do not know anything about the rest..."

"I don't demand protection from you, and I'm aware of the seriousness of the context, Rick. But I came back to warn you, they have a tank, and they'll be here tomorrow afternoon."

The woman held in disbelief and frightened her hands over her mouth. The sheriff stepped forward, so much so that he pressed the barrel of the now loaded weapon on your forehead.

"I do not believe that even one true word comes out of your damn mouth!", he replied with a mocking smile.

He felt stupid because he let you enter. He felt unable to protect his family. He had promised himself that nothing bad would happen to them, and instead he was here, stunned and poisoned by resentment. Ready to shoot you... But he knew the wounds you were wearing were a tangible sign of the Governor's unstable madness. If you were still working for him, why should he abuse you? His eyebrows lifted a little as if he wanted to read your mind.