The Wolf & The Diamond

You have told him. Yes, the decisive words came out of your mouth. These words had found their way and freed themselves in the air. You said it the worst way. You said it without realizing it. A spontaneous gesture. This bitter truth had finally come to the surface and floated among you both in this unearthly night. Without tact, without delicacy, you had announced to a man the death of his brother, as if nothing had happened, as if you had delivered news from the neighborhood. Daryl remained motionless, one hand taut on the branch. He didn't turn to look at you, he didn't approach to ask for explanations. You took a step forward as if to reach him, but to the noise that caused your movement, Daryl clung to the branch and jumped away. You were petrified when you saw him running into the forest, like a wounded animal looking for a shelter to die. You were aware that you had broken him, but you never thought he had any hope for Merle. You mistakenly believed that he had given up on having imagined it. Maybe it was just like that until a few minutes ago. Perhaps the search for his brother was a trivial excuse, but the fact was that he never expected that statement, especially from you and especially at that time. In that feeling, he had turned his fears into reality... You knew he wanted some time for himself, but you also knew that Daryl could just as easily be a prey in this emotional state he was in. The darkness had engulfed the surroundings and made it difficult to see everything near you. But now you had made it your habit and trained your eyes to see what was necessary in the dark. You stepped forward anxiously and grabbed the knife that you had hidden in your boots. You went to the spot where the figure of the archer had faded, hoping he hadn't gone too far yet. Your feet collided with something and judging by the smell, it was easy to understand what it was. Daryl had already killed some walkers. You suddenly heard sounds, someone was nearby. So you stopped spontaneously to focus on that sound to better understand where it came from. Footsteps, but they weren't heavy or shuffling. As the sound grew louder, you turned around, but someone grabbed your wrist and let you rotate. You now were between a body that covered your mouth with one palm.

"Easy...", a male voice whispered. You shuddered and recognized the tone.

"What did you think, sweetie?", he asked: "Did you want to leave?"

You tried to squirm to free yourself from his grip. But as soon as you felt the tip of a blade on the abdomen, you stopped trying. You had been stupid to run after Daryl, he was right. Daryl didn't need my help, let alone your closeness. But now you had a more pressing matter to solve, You had to escape Len. You wouldn't have allowed him to touch you a second time. He licked your neck and gave you a disgusting feeling. After a deep breath, you lifted your leg and hit him with the knee in the crotch. This allowed you to take the hand holding the knife and disarm it. Then you kicked him on the knee and forced him to surrender. He fell to the ground, groaning and cursing you, but you ignored his words, which were as far from escape as possible. But you stumbled over the body of this man and landed on the ground. Len was back, more angry than before. He tried to grab your wrists to block you. You reached out your arm, looking for something, hoping to hit him with a big branch or something else. Your fingers sank into the ground, clutching a boulder, and with a swift blow you hit the stone in his face.

"Dumb slut!", he screamed in pain.

You pushed him away slightly because he was busy touching his bleeding head. You hurried out of the clearing and were strangely excited to see the hut. Although he had abused you, Joe wouldn't have broken the rules. You would have been safe near him. Even when you thought about it, it made you shiver. You heard some voices and understood that they were awake. Surrounded by the trees, you arrived in front of the hut. The group mumbled something about you, wondering where you were and whether it was necessary to look for you. As soon as they saw you, Joe looked at you and studied you carefully. One of the men interrogated you and pointed a pistol at your head.