twenty one

The next morning, Gwen was woken up by Kamomile. He brought the dress that she was to wear while she addressed the public.

"My Queen, it is time to get up" Kamomile said. Gwen sat up and noticed the Meredith was missing.

"Where's Meredith?" she asked.

"She's alright. I walked by earlier and noticed she was awake, and I took the liberty of taking her to the dining hall for breakfast"

"Oh, thank you Kamomile. Why have we never met before?"

"I don't actually live on Kosmo. I stay here when your father needs me to"

"Where do you live?"

"You ask a lot of questions, don't you?" Kamomile places Gwen's dress on her bed. "Get dressed and then come to the dining hall" Kamomile left, and Gwen watched curiously as he did.

~

Gwen stepped into the dining are where her friends were eating breakfast

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Gwen stepped into the dining are where her friends were eating breakfast. The second Thor's eyes landed on Gwen, his spoon fell out of his hand and dropped to the floor. His mouth hung open as he stared at her.

"I think you broke him Gwen" Natasha said. Gwen chuckled as she sat down at the table. "Do you always dress like this?"

"Nope. Only on special occasions, like today"

"You look very pretty" Shuri commented.

"Thank you Shuri. What are your thoughts on my planet?"

"It's fascinating, and so are your critter friends. Rocket's been showing me all of his gadgets, and Lylla knows her potions and poisons"

"Thor, you gonna say anything or are you just going to continue staring at Gwen" Natasha said. Thor cleared his throat before speaking.

"You look very beautiful" he said

"Thanks. Has anybody seen my daughter? Kamomile said she woke up early this morning so he got her for me" Gwen asked.

"He told Nebula to babysit her but he was secretive about why. What was your daughters name again?" Bruce asked

"Meredith" Gwen looked around the room and couldn't find any sign of Steve, Tony or Rhodey. "Where's the other three?"

"Tony and Rhodey said something about catching up"

"And I passed Steve awhile ago. Said he'd be down for breakfast" Natasha said. Xavier, Kamomile and Okoye entered the dining hall together.

"Daughter, may we speak with you?" Xavier asked. Gwen nodded and walked over to them. "It's time for your speech. The whole kingdom is waiting"

"And we decided that it's best that you have some personal protection. Okoye convinced us" Kamomile said.

"I lost a King I swore to protect. Even though you are Queen of a different place and people, I can keep that promise by protecting you" Okoye said.

"It would be my honour Okoye" Gwen said. Okoye bowed to Gwen.

"There's more to this, daughter but right now you have people to address" Xavier said.

"After you, your Majesty" Okoye said. Gwen made her way to the balcony, with Okoye, Xavier and Kamomile following close behind.

~

"People of Kosmo. As you may know, Thanos has succeeded in his journey to collect all the Infinity Stones and erase half the universe. Some of our own were erased from existence. Including your beloved Guardians of The Galaxy, and my husband, your King" Gwen began to tear up at this point. Xavier placed a hand on her shoulder. "However, we shouldn't let this disaster make us weak or any less proud of who we are. We are Kosmonians and we will stand strong! Thanos cannot take that away from us!"

"All hail Queen Gwen! All hail the Guardians of the Galaxy!" the people chanted. Gwen bowed to her people before she retreated into the castle.

"That was quite the speech, your Majesty" Okoye said.

"I just spoke from the heart" Gwen said. She watched as she saw Thor approaching her. Okoye looked to Xavier and Kamomile.

"Let's allow them some privacy" she said. She pointed to the door, and the three of them left. Gwen and Thor were now alone.

"I heard your speech. You really have a way with words" Thor said

"Thank you. I just said what my people needed to hear" Gwen said.

"Would it be alright if I took a walk with you? Maybe you could show me around?" Thor offered his hand to Gwen. She stared at it for a moment before she placed hers in his.

"I would love to"

~

Peter never tore his eyes away from the water. Gwen looked absolutely beautiful in the dress she was wearing. Peter would also check in on Meredith. He was happy knowing that his daughter was alright.

"She's very beautiful" a women's accented voice spoke. Peter looked over and saw a red headed woman. "What's her name?"

"Gwen. She's my wife...well, she was before I ended up here" Peter said.

"I can see just how much you love her" the woman extended her hand. "I'm Wanda Maximoff"

"Peter Quill" He shook Wanda's hand. "Forgive me for asking this but did you lose anyone close to you?"

"I had to watch the one I love die twice. The first time I had to kill him and the second time, it was Thanos. When I close my eyes, I can still feel Vision"

"I'm sorry. That must have been hard to go through"

"Wanda!" some voices called out. She looked behind her and started waving.

"Over here!" she said. Three men approached. "This is my new friend, Peter Quill. Peter, this is Bucky, Sam and T'Challa"

"It's nice to meet you" Sam said.

"My words exactly" Bucky said.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Quill" T'Challa said.

"Please, Peter's fine" Peter said.

"Any other name you go by?" Bucky asked.

"Star-Lord"

"Star-Lord? I actually like that. From now on, I'm calling you Star-Lord" Sam said. Peter could see Strange's cloak coming towards them. The cloak tapped Peter on the shoulder, and motioned for him to follow it. "The cloak is floating. You guys see that too right?" Same ask

"It's no weirder than a raccoon asking for your arm" Bucky said.

"A raccoon asked for your arm?" T'Challa asked.

"Hey guys, I know who owns this cloak so I'm gonna follow it. You're more than welcome to come with me" Peter said. Wanda, Bucky, Sam and T'Challa looked to each other, and nodded.

"We're coming with you" Wanda said.