thirteen

Rocket was in the pod. He and Thor were getting ready to power the planet's rings. Thor held onto a chain and jumped onto the surface of the rings.

"I don't think you get the scientifics here. These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving, you need something bigger to yank them loose!" Rocket said

"Leave that to me" Thor said

"Leave it to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a wrong plan..." Rocket was interrupted when Thor started swinging the pod.

"Fire the engines!" Rocket did just that and Thor started surfing against the rings. When he got to the edge, he was abruptly halted. "More power, rabbit!" Rocket powered up the pod as much as he could. Thor's plan eventually worked and the star lit up and the rings moved into place.

"Well done, boy" Eitri said. Thor looked at rocket through the pod's window.

"That's Nidavellir!" he said. Unfortunately, the mechanism keeping the iris open broke.

"Damn it" Eitri muttered.

"What's damn it?" Rocket asked

"The mechanism is crippled"

"What?" Thor said.

"With the iris closed, I can't heat the metal"

"How long will it take to heat it?"

"A few minutes, maybe more. Why?"

"I'm gonna hold it open"

"That's suicide"

"So is facing Thanos without that axe"

~

Thor stood prying the iris open. By now Rocket had come out of the pod, and stood with Eitri and Groot.

"You understand, boy? You're about to take the full force of a star. It'll kill you" Eitri said.

"And if I die?" Thor said

"Yes, that's what, killing you means" Eitri turned on the mechanism. The light of the star shone through the iris, beginning to burn Thor in the process. "Hold it, hold it, Thor!" Eventually, Eitri finished the weapon, and he dropped it to the ground. Thor fell back  to the ground, his body charred and black. Rocket went over to him.

"Thor? Say something, come on. Thor, you okay? I think he's dying" Rocket said

"He needs the axe. Where's the handle? Tree! Help me find the handle" Eitri said. Groot's arm began to grow. He wrapped it around the blade of Thor's weapon. Once it was long enough, Groot cut his arm off, completing the new weapon. Thor opened his hand, and Stormbreaker went into his hand. He stood up and raised his weapon, lightning flashing all around him. Making sure that Rocket and Groot were nearby, he summoned the Bifrost.

The Bifrost brought them to Wakanda, where the other Avengers were fighting Thanos' army. Thor swing his axe, hitting the many enemies that attempted to close in on them.

"Ha! Ha! You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce Banner called out.

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor screamed. He, Rocket and Groot started charging towards an army of aliens. Thor jumped into the air, surrounded by lightning and came back down, Stormbreaker hitting the ground. The groups of aliens were sent away by the full power of Thor and his new weapon.

~

Back on Titan, the others were waiting for Thanos to arrive. Before everyone was to take their places, Gwen felt the need to ask Strange a question about the outcome he saw.

"Strange, when you saw the outcome where we won, did you see a little girl?" Gwen asked. Strange was hesitant to answer her but he saw the look on her face that she really needed to know.

"I did, yes. I'm assuming that she's your daughter?" Strange asked

"Yes. Her name is Meredith. Was she hurt?"

"Your daughter is very po---"

"Star-Princess, we have to hide before Thanos gets here" Peter interrupted, putting his hand on her shoulder. Gwen looked to him and nodded.

"Thank you" she said to Strange. Gwen was about to walk off with Peter when Strange stopped stopped her.

"Gwen, when Thanos gets here, there's something that you do that affects the outcome. I need you to go through with it. It's the only way to make the winning outcome possible" he said.

"What exactly is it that I need to do?"

"You'll find out soon enough"