twenty five

Rocket, Lylla and Thor called everyone into a meeting. If they were going to find this traitor, they needed the help of everyone.

"Alright everybody, listen up" Rocket said.

"If you're calling a meeting, shouldn't Gwen be apart of it?" Nebula asked.

"Yeah, and what about Helena?" Kraglin asked.

"That's actually what this is about. Quill is having an emotional breakdown and I'm afraid we might not hear from her in a few days" Rocket explained.

"And she arrested Helena and wants her executed" Lylla said.

"She what? Why would my daughters do this to each other?" Xavier asked.

"We're getting to that Lord Xavier. She believes that Helena was a traitor and was working for Thanos. We have reason to believe that the real traitor is out there" Thor said.

"Do you know who the real one is?" Steve asked.

"No. That's where all of you come in" Lylla said.

"This is the plan we, but mostly I came up with. Since the lives of Quill and Meredith are at stake, we need to move fast. Everybody is going to be in pairs at all time. In shifts, one pair will either be babysitting Meredith, one pair will be situated outside Quill's door, and the rest of us will be on lookout duty" Rocket said.

"Any questions? Good. Now here's who will be paired with who" Lylla looked at her paper. "Rocket and I, Nebula and Kraglin, Xavier and Kamomile, Natasha and Bruce, Okoye and Shuri, Tony and Rhodey, and Thor and Steve"

"Natasha and Bruce have the first shift with Meredith. Okoye and Shuri are to stand outside Gwen's door first. Each shift is two hours" Thor said.

"And remember, be on the lookout for any suspicious behaviour" Rocket said. Everyone broke off into their respective pairs and went to their assigned task.

~

Okoye and Shuri found Gwen's room. Okoye knocked on the door, but received no answer. However, it was assuring to hear sleepy mumbles.

"She's sleeping which means she's still here and safe" Okoye said.

"If we don't know who the traitor is, what should we be on the lookout for?" Shuri asked.

"Like the raccoon said. Suspicious behaviour. Anyone who goes into the room but doesn't come out, or anyone who is stupid enough to drag an unconscious Queen out this door"

~

Natasha and Bruce were once again with Meredith. Honestly they didn't mind though. They enjoyed her company. They were also very careful not to let her interact with any suspicious people. Meredith was busy playing while the pair watched her from a reasonable distance.

"Gwen said she had powers right?" Bruce asked.

"Yep. I don't know what they are though. Still, we should be keeping her safe" Natasha said.

"Yeah. I think this might also be a good time to talk about us" Bruce said.

"Okay. Let's talk about us" Natasha said.

~

In an unknown place

"What do you mean they might be onto you? Answer me servant!" Phantom spoke into her com-link.

"Well, they don't suspect me yet, but they have us in pairs to either watch the Princess and stand outside the Queen's door" the "servant" answered.

"That can be used to your advantage servant. I'm sure you can come up with some kind of excuse. You're not completely stupid"

"Thanks for the advice, Lady Phantom"

"Don't worry servant. When this is all over, and Thanos is pleased with my work, I make sure you're not punished. At least not severely. Now go" Phantom spoke. She hung up and her other two followers approached her. "Ah Brenna and Zane. I have some good news. Looks like our servant is finally understanding exactly who he works for and what side he's on"

"That is very pleasing to hear Lady Phantom. I know Dovah will be very pleased" Brenna said. Dovah was Brenna's pet dragon. Her appearance was very dragon like itself.

"Then perhaps Thanos will realize what a fine wife you will be" Zane spoke.

"I know he will. I only wish to make him happy. If that means kidnaping and killing a mother and her child, so be it" Phantom spoke.

~

Xavier was looking for Kamomile. He had ran off for some reason. He eventually found him, putting away a com-link.

"Is that why you ran off? You were taking a call?" Xavier asked.

"Yes, sir. It was just my mother asking when I was going to visit her. She lives here on Kosmo" Kamomile explained.

"That would be a wonderful idea. Perhaps after this business with the traitor is over, and once Gwen and Meredith are safe"

"Sir, do you know who might possibly be a traitor? Do you suspect anyone?"

"I do not, Kamomile. The last problem we had with traitors was four years ago when Helena and Quentin tried to ruin Gwen and Peter's wedding"

"Are you sure it's not Helena repeating her actions?"

"She has spent four years in prison, rehabilitating herself. She is a changed person. And I know that she would never work for Thanos. She always voiced her hatred for him. Sincere hatred. Why are you asking me this Kamomile?"

"Just ruling out suspects, is all"

"Alright then. It couldn't possibly be Quentin. He was wiped from existence. I know for a fact that it's not you Kamomile. You've been a trusted friend of this family for years"

"Yes, I have. Your family is like my own, and I don't want anything bad happening to them. That's why I'm happy to help"

"Very pleased to hear. Where do you think we should start?"

"Let's question some guards and castle staff. It would most likely be one of them"

"Good idea. I'll start on this wing of the castle and you go to other one"

"Yes Sir. I'll report back if I find anything" Kamomile went off to investigate. Little did Xavier know, that the traitor was closer to him than he thought.