fourteen

Thanos had still yet to arrive. Doctor Strange was waiting out in the open for him. Everyone else was hiding and waiting. Gwen was trying to understand what Strange meant.

There's something that you do that affects the outcome.

"Gwen, are you alright?" Peter asked her.

"Strange said something to me. He said there's something I do that affects the outcome. Whatever it is, he said he needed me to do it" she explained.

"Is it something good or something bad?"

"I don't know. He wouldn't tell me" At that moment, a portal appeared and Thanos came out of it. He and Strange locked eyes.

"Oh, yeah. You're much more of a Thanos" Strange said

"I take it that Maw is dead? This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission" Thanos said

"You may regret that. He brought you face to face with a Master of The Mystic Arts"

"Where do you think he brought you?"

"Let me guess. Your home?"

"It was. And it was beautiful" Thanos used the Reality stone to show Strange what Titan used to look like. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution"

"Genocide?"

"At random. Dispassionate, fair. The rich and poor alike. They called me a madman, and what I predicted came to pass"

"Congratulations. You're a prophet"

"I'm a survivor"

"Who wants to murder Trillions"

"With all six stones, I could snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy"

"And then what?"

"I finally rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills"

"I think you'll find our will equal to yours" Strange said, casting a spell so that the magic shields appeared in his hands again.

"Ours?" That was the cue for everyone to start attacking Thanos. Gwen decided to take the first hit at him. She powered up a bolt of energy and fired it at him. He looked directly at her. "You just made a mistake, you pathetic girl"

"I'm not the one who's pathetic here" Gwen said. She reached for the handle of her energy sword. She transferred her energy to it, causing the purple beam to come out of it. Gwen managed to keep Thanos distracted long enough so that Stark could push a giant piece of debris on top of Thanos.

"Piece of cake Quill" Stark said.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!" Peter said. He turned his mask and rocket boots on. He and Stark took to the air. Gwen stayed on the ground, grasping her weapon in her hand. Damien, Helena and Quentin gathered around her with their weapons as well.

"Prepare for a fight" Damien said. The debris wasn't enough to keep Thanos down. He used to the power stone to destroy it, and then he used the Reality stone to create a flock of birds. They flew towards Stark.

Parker swooped in and shot some webbing at Thanos' eyes. At the same time, both Drax and Helena came from opposite directions and took a hit at the back of his knees. Strange stepped out of one of his portals. He conjured up a magic sword that he used to fight Thanos. He grabbed onto the sword, but this allowed Damien to come and take a swing at Thanos.