twenty seven

Gamora was headed to the fountain with Mantis and Drax.

"Are you still mad at Peter?" Mantis asked.

"No, well, maybe a little bit. He kissed Wanda when he knows that he'll be with Gwen again someday. I partly blame Drax for this"

"What did I do?" Drax asked.

"You had to plant the idea of Gwen liking Thor more than Peter in his head"

"Well she kissed him so it must be true"

"What are we doing at the fountain anyways?" Mantis asked. Gamora grabbed Gwen's leaf and crushed it.

"Checking up on Gwen" she explained. Gwen appeared in the water but something was wrong. Gamora quickly noticed that she wasn't in the castle. She was gagged, her eyes were covered and her hands were tied. "Oh no"

"What's wrong?" Drax asked. He and Mantis peeked at the fountain.

"Gwen is in trouble" Mantis said.

"I see Meredith as well. I think the traitor got to them" Gamora noticed a man with them. He had a look of guilt on his face. It seemed as he was waiting for someone. "I think that's him. That's the traitor Stephen was warning us about"

"I knew Quill was wrong" Drax said.

"You agreed with him about it being Helena" Mantis said.

"That was when I wasn't wrong"

"Come on. We have to tell Peter" Gamora said.

~

Back at the castle, no one had noticed the missing absence of Gwen and Meredith. That was until Nebula and Kraglin found Stark and Rhodes passed out outside Gwen's door.

"Stark? Rhodey?" Nebula said. She pushed both of them but they weren't responding.

"Hey Neb. Look at this" Kraglin said. He found the dart that was on Rhodey's neck. Nebula spotted the one on Stark's.

"Somebody knocked them out cold" she said. Nebula stood up and opened Gwen's door. She went inside to check on Gwen but she was gone. "Kraglin, Gwen's missing. Kamomile got her"

"We have to go tell the others"

"Let's take these two to the medical wing first"

~

Rocket and Lylla were the ones to stumble upon Steve and Thor.

"Oh no" Rocket muttered. He started examine Thor whole Lylla examined Steve. "Are they dead?"

"Nope. Just knocked out" Lylla said.

"Wait, where's Meredith?"

"The traitor. They're the one who knocked these two out. I think they kidnaped Meredith"

"We got to go tell someone. What do we do with these two?"

"Let's call some guards and get them to the medical wing. I think I know a mixture that will wake them up"

~

Gwen was starting to wake up. She felt something tight around her wrists, fabric over her eyes and something in her mouth. She tried to say something but it came out as a muffled mumble.

"Mommy?" Meredith said. Gwen was relieved to hear her voice. She tried to say something but the gag prevented her from doing so. "Mommy, where are we?"

"You're safe. For now at least" Kamomile spoke. He uncovered Gwen's eyes and removed her gag. When she saw him, he didn't look like Kamomile. Instead, he had completely white skin with black spots all over. He didn't have any hair and his eyes were completely white.

"Who are you?" Gwen said.

"It's me. Kamomile" Kamomile changed into his Kosmonian form. "I've been using this as my disguise. I have the ability to change my form and appearance" He changed back to himself.

"Why are you doing this?"

"It's a long story, Gwen"

"Well, I've got time. So start talking"

"As you wish. Years ago, close to when you were born, my family lived on Kosmo. Of course we looked like Kosmonoians otherwise we wouldn't have been welcomed. Your family was really prejudiced back then" Kamomile started explaining.

"Yeah, tell me about it" Gwen muttered.

"It was the day you were born, and the whole planet was celebrating. The King and Queen had given birth to their first child. Unfortunately, there were rumours of this child. The Clairvoyant, the oldest living being in Kosmo, possibly the entire universe, foretold a prophecy. This prophecy said that one day, the Princess of Kosmo would defeat the Mad Titan Thanos. News of this prophecy spread across the universe. Thanos has heard this news. He had sent an army to Kosmo to kill your people and kidnap you. Fortunately, your people were too strong but his army was persistent"

"I had been close friends with your father and mother. They had no idea of my true self, but they trusted me. That's why they tasked me with getting you to a safe place. I had suggested Earth. They didn't like it because they thought Terrans were disgusting creatures, but I convinced them it was the safest. They had reluctantly agreed because they needed their daughter to be safe. I took you to a transporter and sent you off to Terra"

"I made sure there was no trace of where you went so Thanos could never find out. Afterwards, I had been caught by one of his people. A woman named Phantom. She could manipulate the darkness and shadows. She knew I was a shapeshifter and wanted to take advantage of that. She thought I'd be the perfect spy. If I didn't agree, she said that she'd make sure my death would be slow and painful. Whether it be from her or Thanos"

"You've been working for Thanos for thirty eight years? Spying on my family and my people, passing information onto him?" Gwen said.

"He would have killed me" Kamomile said.

"Then maybe you should have let him"

"I've been giving him and Phantom false information all these years. I've been trying to keep you and your family safe. I may have been working for Thanos but I never wanted to see harm come to you, your family or your friends"

"Ah! Look what we have here!" a woman's voice said. Gwen noticed the dark purple woman. "You've done your job well servant. Now leave us be. I wish to talk to the Queen and her brat alone" Kamomile was reluctant to leave. He knew Phantom would hurt them. Or worse. "Now servant! Before I stab you through the heart!"

"Yes, Lady Phantom" Kamomile said. He left the room. Gwen could see how terrified he was of this woman, and honestly, she didn't blame him. She was even scarier than Thanos.

"Now that we're alone, why don't the three of us have some fun?" Phantom said.