nineteen

Gwen and Tony joined the others. The ship had landed and everyone was pre-occupied with staring out the window. The only ones who weren't staring were Rocket, Nebula and Helena.

"What's going on?" Gwen asked.

"The planet is entirely purple. I mean the sky, the trees and even the grass" Bruce said.

"Gwen, do you know who's approaching the ship?" Natasha asked. Gwen looked to where Nat was pointing. One person she immediately recognized as her father, and the other she didn't recognize but he was Kosmonian.

"Yes. One of them is my father" she explained. Steve looked towards Gwen.

"Since we're in your territory, we follow your orders. Do you want us to wait?" he asked.

"Yeah. I think that would be best. When it's okay for you guys to join us, I'll contact you using this" Gwen placed a com-link in his hand. "All you have to do is press this button"

"Understood. Anything else we should know?"

"Well, now that you mention it, there's an old friend here you should catch up with" Gwen motioned towards Tony. He and Steve locked eyes, and she immediately sensed the tension between them.

"Stark"

"Rogers"

"I'm sensing some tension here" Rocket commented.

"It's a long story, believe me. I'll make sure they don't kill each other. You go do what you need to do" Natasha said. She went to pat Gwen on the shoulder but remembered what happened when Thor touched her and retracted her hand.

"Alright" Rocket, Nebula and Helena proceeded to leave the ship. Gwen was about to follow them when she was stopped by Thor.

"I was wondering if it's alright if I join you?" he asked.

"I don't mind" she said. The two of them exited the ship. Gwen was immediately met with an embrace by her father.

"Daughter, I can't tell you how relieved I am to see you!" Xavier said. Gwen smiled and wrapped her arms around him.

"Me too, father. I just wish I could say the same about mother..." she said. Xavier pulled away from the hug.

"Where's the others?"

"They....turned to dust, and Gamora was killed by Thanos. He sacrificed her for the Soul Stone"

"I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your friends, and your husband, My Queen" the man next to Xavier said. He saw the confused look Gwen was giving him. "Allow me to introduce myself. Kamomile Flauge. I'm a long time friend of your parents"

"Hello Kamomile. This is Rocket, Nebula and—"

"Helena. I know your sister and your father introduced me to the other two shortly before you got off the ship" Kamomile said.

"An Asgardian? Not one has set foot on Kosmonian in years" Xavier said, referring to Thor.

"Father, this is Thor. He's a friend of ours. This is my father Xavier" Gwen said.

"I'm very honoured to set foot on your world, Lord Xavier" Thor said.

"Hey, Xavier, is Lylla around anywhere? I need to say hi to her" Rocket asked.

"And I feel a strange need to see Kraglin" Nebula said.

"They're both in the castle" Xavier said. Rocket and Nebula went inside.

"I'm gonna follow them. I'll meet you inside, sister" Helena said. Gwen nodded and Helena went inside.

"If you two are ready—" Xavier was cut off.

"Actually father, there is one more thing" Gwen said. She pulled out her com-link and called Steve's. "You guys can come out now" She hung up and not even a moment later, everyone else exited the ship.

"Father, Kamomile, I'd like you to meet The Avengers"

"Any friends of Gwen is welcome here. We can save introductions for later. You all must be starving" Xavier said.

"I'll bring them inside. Please, follow me" Kamomile said. He lead everyone else inside, with the exception of Gwen and Xavier.

"Meredith, where is she?" Gwen asked.

"In her room. She's been asking for you and Peter" Xavier said.

"How am I going to explain to her about what happened to her father?"

~

Peter and Gamora were taking a walk. He was still upset, and Gamora was trying her best to comfort him.

"Peter, if anything, Gwen and the others will find a way to fix this" she assured him.

"And how long is that gonna take? We could be stuck her for months or even years" Peter asked.

"I know that Peter but—" Gamora stopped herself when she saw a young boy approach them. "Can we help you?"

"Mr. Quill, is that you?" Peter turned around and saw that it was Peter Parker.

"Hey Parker" Peter said.

"I can't tell you how happy I am to see you. I've been looking every where for one familiar face. Is this a friend of yours?" Parker asked

"This is Gamora. She's a close friend of Gwen and I"

"Hi Miss Gamora. I'm Peter Parker"

"It's nice to meet you" Gamora said with a smile.

"I've been looking everywhere for Mr. Stark. You haven't seen him, have you?" Parker asked. Peter and Gamora looked at each other before giving Parker a sympathetic look. "What's wrong?"

"Sweetie, there's no easy way to explain this" Gamora started, placing her hand on Parker's shoulder. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, half the universe turned to dust and was brought here, the other half stayed. Mr. Stark was one of the ones who stayed"

"So, he's not here?" Parker said, his eyes swelling with tears. Peter and Gamora shook their heads. "I'm not going to see him ever again?"

"Gamora says that there's a chance that we can go back if what Thanos did is reversed but even if it happens, there's a slim chance and it might take years" Peter explained.

"We're so sorry, younger Peter" Gamora said.

"Can I stay with you guys? I don't want to be alone..." Parker said.

"Of course. Come with us" Gamora said. Peter and Gamora continued onward with Parker walking in between them.