forty

The day had finally arrived when the Avengers were leaving Kosmo to head back to Earth. Gwen was up bright and early preparing a few surprises for them. Kamomile came to her with a box that she had sent him to get.

"There's seven in here, like you asked" Kamomile said. Gwen took the box.

"Thank you. Can you go wake them up and let them know breakfast is ready? They have a long trip back to Earth"

"As you say, your Majesty" Kamomile left just as Rocket, Lylla, Nebula and Kraglin walked in.

"Hey Cap'n. What's in the box?" Kraglin asked.

"Just a gift for our new friends" Gwen said.

"Y'know, I'm gonna miss them when they're gone" Rocket said.

"Yes but we'll eventually need their help when we try to undo what Thanos has done" Nebula said.

"Yeah, and plus we do have Meredith, Thanos won't stand a chance" Lylla said.

"I hope so, because I really want Peter back. And the others of course" Gwen said.

~

It was breakfast time and everyone was in the dining hall. Gwen made sure that the chefs prepared a special breakfast.

"Mmm. Something smells really good" Natasha said as she walked in. Everyone else followed behind her.

"I would hope so. I had the chefs prepare you guys something special since your leaving today" Gwen said. Everyone took their seats. There was an empty seat beside Gwen, and Thor quickly filled it. The two of them looked at each other, and smiled.

"I'm starving, and this does look really good" Rhodey said. There was an assortment of breakfast dishes from Earth and Kosmo.

"Help yourselves" Gwen said. That's what they did. Everyone grabbed what they wanted to eat, and ate their breakfast as if it was the last meal of their lifetime.

~

After breakfast, the Avengers were preparing to leave. They were in their rooms packing any belongings that they wanted to take with them. Gwen approached Natasha's door and knocked on it.

"Come in. I'm decent" Nat said. Gwen opened the door and stepped inside. "Hey Gwen"

"Hey Nat. I'm just checking if there's last minute things anyone needs" Gwen said.

"Thanks but I think I'm okay" Gwen nodded and was about to leave when Nat stopped her. "Hey. Stay and talk for a bit"

"Okay" Gwen took a seat on the bed. "What should we talk about?"

"What's going on between you and Thor? Don't think I haven't notice you two flirting and giving each other looks"

"First of all, he's the one who flirts with me. Second, Thor is just keeping me company until I get my husband back"

"Thor is a gentleman like that" Natasha said, sitting next to Gwen. "Tell me about your husband, and your team"

"Well, we're not just a team. We're a family. There's Peter, he likes to call himself Star-Lord. We've known each other since we were kids. Gamora is like my sister. She's dating my brother Damien. Drax is...odd. He takes everything so literally. Mantis is our newest member. She's still learning some things. Groot is a talking tree and the only thing he says is I am Groot. And then Quentin.... I have conflicting feelings about him. That's a story I won't get into right now"

"Well, from the way you talk about them like that, it sounds like you love them very much"

"I do, and I hope I can have them back someday"

"You will" Natasha was taken by surprise when Gwen hugged her. She didn't pull away though. She hugged her back.

"I'll let you finish packing. You guys leave in ten minutes" Gwen got up and left the room.

~

The Avengers were just about ready to board the ship that would take them home. Gwen had assigned one of the guards, who had experience flying, to bring them home.

"I'm gonna miss this place. My first time on an alien planet was better than I expected" Rhodey said

"This is the second alien planet I've been on" Bruce said.

"Mine too, and hopefully my last. Though I wouldn't mind returning" Tony said.

"Something tells me we'll have to" Steve said.

"You boys be quiet now. The Queen is coming" Okoye said. Everyone stayed silent as Gwen approached. The other Guardians were with her, as well as Thor and Kamomile.

"Before you leave, I just want to say it's been a pleasure to meet you all. I would also like to thank you for your help with getting my daughter back. I wish to present you with gifts" Gwen said. She opened the box, revealing seven small devices. They peaked Shuri's interest.

"What are they?" she asked.

"I had my planet's best scientists work on them, just for you guys" Gwen said.

"And me. I helped. Actually, they were my idea. They're called com-teleporters" Rocket said.

"They double as a communicator and a transporter. If you press this button, you can contact either me or anyone of us anytime you want. Just type in a name and it will connect to that com-teleporter"

"And we can also call you"

"Now this button right here is to be used in emergencies only. If you press it, it will bring you here in an instant"

"It's got two coordinates built into it. The first coordinate will bring you to the front of the castle. The second coordinate will change based on were you teleported from. That way when you want to get back, you'll return to the exact same spot"

"That's impressive" Shuri commented.

"Thanks Shuri. Since you like them so much, why don't you take the first one" Gwen said. Shuri grabbed the first com-teleporter. Okoye took the next one.

"If anyone ever gives you trouble, call me first. I'll make sure they don't trouble you anymore" she said.

"I'll remember that Okoye, thank you" Rhodey took the next one, followed by Bruce and Natasha. Steve grabbed his.

"Thank you again for letting us stay here. When it comes to reversing what Thanos has done, we could definitely use your help" Steve said

"And we'll be there. You just have to call" Gwen said. Finally Tony took his. He and Gwen met eyes and they could see the mutual sadness in them. "I promise, whatever it takes, we'll get that Spider-boy of yours back"

"And we'll get your husband back. No matter what" Tony said. Gwen closed the box, and stepped back so she was standing with the others again.

"Friends, as you may know, I am not coming with you. I have decided to stay here with Gwen. She needs me here right now" Thor said.

"We'll miss you, buddy" Bruce said.

"Don't worry Bruce. Like Steve said, we'll be back one day" Rhodey said.

"We should probably get going. When we do get back, we should get into contact with Clint and Scott, make sure they're okay" Natasha said.

"Then I guess the last thing I have to say is goodbye and good luck" Gwen said. The Avengers said their final goodbyes before they got on the ship. The ship took off and soon they were gone.

"Now what do we do?" Rocket asked. Gwen sighed and looked down at him.

"We wait, and when the time is right, we put a stop to Thanos" Gwen said.

No matter what it would take, they would defeat Thanos and undo what he has done, bringing their friends back. All they could do now though, is wait.