twelve

Eitri prepared the mold for Thor's new weapon. Rocket took one look at it and was unimpressed.

"This the plan? We'll hit him with a brick?" he said.

"It's a mold. A king's weapon. Meant to be the greatest in Asgard. In theory, it could even summon the Bifrost" Eitri explained.

"Does it have a name?" Thor asked

"Stormbreaker"

"Yeah. It's a bit much"

So how do we make it?" Thor asked.

"You'll have to restart the forge. Awaken the heart of the dying star" Eitri explained.

"Rabbit, fire up the pod"

~

Back on Titan, the other half of the Guardians were getting to know the three Avengers they met. They went by Tony Stark, Stephen Strange and Peter Parker. Gwen couldn't help but notice that Parker kept staring at her.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Is that your natural hair color?" he asked.

"Yes, it is. Kosmonians are born with purple hair, and then we have these silver markings all over" Gwen pulled up her sleeve to show him. "We can also absorb energy and use them as blasts" Parker's eyes lit up with amazement.

"That is so cool. I didn't think that aliens could be as pretty as you----" he stopped himself when he realized what he said. "I don't know why I just said that" Gwen smiled and placed gently pat his shoulder.

"I like you Peter Parker" she said.

"What the hell happened to this planet?It's 8 degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place" Peter said. To illustrate his point, Mantis was taking advantage of the gravity and bouncing all over the place.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it"  Peter, Gwen and Damien along with Parker gathered around him. The others stood off to the side. "Alright, I have a plan. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. We definitely don't want to dance with this guy, we just want the gauntlet" Stark stopped when he saw Drax yawning. "Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said that we need a plan" Drax said

"Okay, Mr. Clean's on his own page"

"See, not winging it isn't really what they do" Peter said

"What exactly is it that they do?" Parker asked.

"Kick names, take ass" Mantis said.

"And those two over there" Gwen said, she pointed towards Quentin and Helena. "Those two are criminals. Betrayment is in their list of skills. My parents forced us to let them help us. I still don't completely trust them"

"We can hear you!" Quentin said. Stark had a look on his face like he had just given up all hope. He was quiet for a moment before he spoke again.

"All right, just get over here, please? Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" he said

"Star-Lord is fine" Peter said.

"Okay, and what should I call your wife here? Star-Princess?"

"No one is allowed to call her that except for me"

"Gwen is fine. Call me Pierce, if you want. It's my maiden name" Gwen explained.

"Glad we have that sorted out. We've gotta coalesce. Because if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude---" Stark said

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan, except it sucks. So let me do the plan, and that way, it might be really good" Peter said.

"Tell him about the dance-off to save the Universe" Drax said

"What dance-off?" Stark asked

"It's not a---" Peter said.

"Like in Footloose? The movie?" Parker asked

"Exactly like Footloose! Is it still the greatest movie in history?"

"It never was" The look on Peter's face was that of disappointment. Gwen noticed and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't encourage this, alright? We're getting no help with Flash Gordon" Stark said

"Flash Gordon? By the way? That's a compliment. Don't forget. I'm half-human. So that's 50% of me that's stupid, And that's 100% you"

"Peter!" Gwen warned. Both her husband and Parker looked in her direction. She quickly noticed that Parker was staring so she quickly corrected herself. "Not you, sweetheart. I meant this idiot" She pointed at her husband.

"Excuse me? But does your friend often do that?" Mantis referred to Strange. He was meditating except that his head was moving really fast and he had green rings around his wrists.

"Strange! You all right?" Stark said. Strange came back to reality. "You're back. You're all right"

"What were you doing?" Damien asked

"I went forward in time, to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict" Strange explained.

"How many did you see?" Helena asked

"14,000,605"

"How many did we win?" Stark asked

"One"