eighteen

"So, we're in the Soul Stone, and there's no way out?" Peter asked Gamora.

"Unless someone were to reverse what Thanos has done, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon" Gamora said.

"We're stuck here forever" Mantis said, frowning and looking down at the ground.

"How did you end up here? Nebula told us you died" Drax said.

"When Thanos sacrificed me, I was taken here. I'm the first one to set foot inside the stone" Gamora explained. She saw that Peter wasn't even paying attention. He kept looking up at the yellow tinted sky. "You know, there is a way for you to see her"

"Really?" Peter said, looking at her with a hopeful look on his face.

"Well, she wouldn't be able to see you and you can't touch her or anything"

"I don't care. I just need to see her, and make sure that she's okay"

"Okay. Follow me"

~

Peter followed Gamora to what seemed to be a fountain with a tree in the middle of it. She grabbed a leaf off the tree, which instantly regrew. She crushed it in her hand, and sprinkled the remains into the fountain.

"Each one of these leaves has the name of a person. The leaves change depending on who approaches the fountain" Gamora explained.

"Which leaf did you pick?" Peter said. Gamora smiled and then pointed at the fountain. The image of Gwen appeared. "My Star-Princess! She's okay! Maybe not emotionally but it's just enough knowing that she's safe"

"This is how I've been keeping an eye on you guys since I first got here. This was also my only way of seeing Damien but lately his leaf disappeared. I assume that he...."

"I'm not dead, my love" a familiar voice said. Gamora turned around only to see her boyfriend standing in front of her.

"Damien!" she said, wrapping her arms around him. She placed a kiss on his lips. "You're here. I thought I was never going to see you again"

"Me neither. Though, I wish we were out of the stone for this reunion" Damien said. He let go of Gamora and then placed his hand on Peter's shoulder. "I'm happy to see you, brother"

"You too" Peter said. He could see Quentin walk up behind Damien. "And Quentin, I thought I'd never say this but I'm actually happy to see you"

"The feeling is mutual Peter" Quentin said. The smile on Gamora's face disappeared when she recognized the next person to approach them. "Ophelia, not you too"

"I know what has happened. Thanos has succeeded. I am glad to see my son here but my daughter.... I'm assuming she got to stay?"

"It's true mother" Damien said. Ophelia nodded and then looked towards Peter.

"She must be truly heartbroken. She lost her friends, brother, mother and husband all in one day" she spoke. Peter sighed and looked back at the water. The image of Gwen rippled before it faded away.

"She is. I could tell when I saw her face. Let's get back to Drax and Mantis" Peter said.

~

For the remainder of the ride, Gwen decided to let Rocket pilot. He was also teaching Shuri how to pilot the ship. She was fascinated with the ship and all the gadgets. Gwen found Peter's Zune and started looking through the playlist he made for her.

The "I'm in love with Gwen" playlist.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis Presley

I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher

Baby, I Love Your Way by Peter Frampton

I Was Made For Loving You by KISS

You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth by Meatloaf

These were just a few of the songs that Peter had in his playlist. Gwen couldn't help but smile as she remembered the days that Peter would play these songs for her and the two would dance around the ship. Then she began tearing up again.

"Are you alright Lady Gwen?" Thor's voice nearly made her jumped. He sat beside her as she began wiping her tears.

"Yeah. Still mad and upset. Sorry about what happened earlier. Never touch an emotional Kosmonian" Gwen explained.

"No need to apologize. It wasn't your fault. It was mine for not heeding the warnings of your sister" Thor noticed what Gwen was holding. "What's in your hands?"

"It's a Zune. It plays music. I'm just looking through the playlist Peter made for me" She turned it off and put it in her pockets. "Have you ever been to Kosmo?"

"Never, but I have heard stories about it from the Asgardians who would visit. We have nothing but high respect for your people"

"Just like Kosmonians have high respect for the people of Asgard" Gwen said. She finally looked up at Thor and some of her sadness seemed to have vanished. The two weren't alone for very much longer when Nebula interrupted.

"Rocket says we're approaching and that you should go wake up Stark" Nebula said.

"You mean Tony Stark?" Thor asked.

"Yep. If you'll excuse me" Gwen said as she got up from her seat and made her way to the bunks.

~

Gwen approached the bunk that had the door closed, and she knocked.

"Stark, we're there. I'm here to get you up" she said. Gwen heard sobbing so she opened the door. Stark was sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. "Stark?" He looked up at her. His eyes were red and puffy, and his face was stained with tears.

"Hey Quill. We there?" Stark asked. Gwen nodded. "I'll be right up"

"You okay?"

"I promised myself I wouldn't let anything happen to that kid and he just..."

"I know. I just found out from my father that my mother was one of the ones who turned to dust"

"You've been through a rough day, haven't you Quill?"

"We all have Stark, and please call me Gwen"

"If I'm calling you Gwen then you're calling me Tony"

"Deal. Now come on, I have some old friends of yours I think you should see" Gwen said. Tony gave her a look and knew who she was referring to, but he still had to ask.

"Which friends are you talking about?"