twenty six

The next day, Gwen was still hiding in her room. Everyone was doing their shifts again from the moment they woke up. Steve and Thor were tasked with watching Meredith first, while Tony and Rhodey were standing outside Gwen's door. Everyone else was in the dining hall for breakfast.

"Kraglin" Nebula said as she approached him. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure Neb" Kraglin said. Nebula grabbed his hand and pulled him away somewhere private. "What's going on?"

"I think I may know who the traitor is, but I need to talk to Helena first. You're coming with me"

"Okay. Won't there be guards though?"

"Rocket and Lylla said they were pretty friendly, but you're my back up in case"

"Alright. Let's go talk to her"

~

When Nebula and Kraglin got down the cells, one of the guards stopped them at the door.

"Hold! What's your business down here?" he asked.

"We wish to talk to Helena" Nebula asked.

"Very well. Just don't tell the Queen I let you" The guard let them through. Nebula and Kraglin approached Helena's cell.

"Nebula, Kraglin. What are you doing down here?" Helena asked.

"We have some questions for you. Well, Nebula does" Kraglin asked.

"I have an idea on who the real traitor might be but I need to ask you some questions about him" Nebula said.

"The traitor is a him then? Okay, what do you want to know?"

"Don't you find it a little suspicious how Kamomile decides to show up right after Thanos snapped away half the universe?"

"You suspect Kamomile?"

"Yes. Have you ever met him before now?"

"No, not really. Whenever he visited before, he made his visits very brief. I always overheard him asking questions about the prophecy and Gwen, then he just disappeared for awhile"

"If he really does work for Thanos, do you think he could have been a spy for him this whole time?" Kraglin asked.

"Oh my God. It is Kamomile! All these years, my father trusted him with sensitive information, and he's been passing that information to Thanos. You guys need to stop him before he gets to Gwen and Meredith, and you need proof"

"I have the proof handled. I spied on him making a call to someone named Phantom. He's not working alone" Nebula said

"Go you two! Go and stop him!"

"What about you?" Kraglin asked.

"Once you prove I'm innocent and he's guilty, I'll be out of here. Don't you worry about me"

~

Kamomile had received a call from Phantom. She was getting impatient now and wanted the job done today. He set his plan into motion. First step, Meredith. He approached Steve and Thor.

"Kamomile, how can we help you?" Steve asked.

"Hello Mr. Rogers, Thor. I've actually come to fetch Meredith. It's mine and Xavier's turn to watch her" Kamomile said.

"Really? But it's only been an hour" Thor said.

"I know, but this is his granddaughter. He's really worried about this traitor. He wants as much time with her as possible"

"You'll have to send my apologies to Xavier but we promised we'd look after Meredith until for our two hours and that's what we intend to do" Steve said.

"I was afraid you were going to say that" Kamomile slipped out two needles from under his sleeve. He stuck the needles into their neck. They went unconscious and fell to the ground. He approached Meredith.

"Hello, Mr. Kamomile" Meredith said.

"Hi Meredith. Your mother wishes to see you. Oh, and I also have this piece of candy for you" Kamomile unwrapped the piece of candy and gave it to Meredith. She ate it and began to feel sleepy.

"I feel sleepy, Mr. Kamomile"

"It's alright Meredith. Go to sleep. You'll be with your mother when you wake up" Kamomile said. He watched as the princess closed her eyes. Now, onto Gwen.

~

Kamomile was extra careful around Tony and Rhodey. He had a gun that Zane provided to him. It was able to shoot any accuracy no matter how far. Kamomile was going to shoot the darts into their necks.

"Tony, things will get better, I promise you. I mean look at me. I'm walking, and I'm supposed to be paralyzed" Rhodey said.

"You can thank me for that" Tony said. He was quiet for a moment. "Does Steve talk about me? Nice things?"

"He hasn't really said anything about you. Just kind of briefly mentioned you to General Ross, but not by name" Rhodey said. Kamomile fired the first dart. The sleeping poison took to affect quickly and Rhodey dropped to the ground.

"Rhodey? Rhodey?" Tony said. He crouched beside him, checking to see if he was breathing. This gave Kamomile a clear shot. "Rhodey, come on. Wake—" Tony didn't get to finish as he fell to the ground.

~

Gwen heard loud thuds coming for outside. It raises some concern for her so she went to investigate. Kamomile, however, opened the door before she could. He had one hand behind his back, holding another needle.

"I heard thuds. What's going on?" Gwen asked.

"Nothing to concern yourself with, my Queen. I just came to check how you were doing" Kamomile said.

"Fine, now leave me in peace. I don't want to see anyone"

"Not even your own daughter?"

"Of course Meredith is the exception. Can you please find her for me and bring her to me?"

"I'm afraid that won't be happening" Kamomile said.

"What do you mean? What happened to her? Where is she?" Gwen asked. Kamomile grabbed Gwen. She tried to fight back but Kamomile plunged the needle into her neck. She was out like a light. Kamomile called Phantom on his com-link.

"Is it done?" she asked.

"Yes"

"Good. I'll send you the coordinates. Steal one of the ships and meet us there" Phantom hung up. The com-link beeped again, revealing the coordinates to her location. Kamomile sighed and looked at Gwen.

"I'm so sorry" he mumbled.