Its Not What You Think (Irene)

Irene's P.O.V.

"I don't know Joy...should I really be doing this? Like what if everything becomes awkward afterward? and then we won't be able to talk to each other anymore and then I'd be watching her from a distance all over again and then-"

"Irene!"Joy interrupted me.

"Relax. Breathe. You can do this. Now go!"She pushed me away from her and towards the direction of y/n.

I felt my heart rate pick up when I caught a glimpse of the y/h/c girl laughing with her friends.

Come on Irene. You can do this.

I nodded to myself and sped up my pace while adjusting the color of my uniform. She looked up and noticed me walking towards her and waved at me with a smile. This made me feel slightly better as I smiled and waved back. She was sitting on top of the table with her legs on top of the seats as her friends occupied the other seats.

"Hey, Irene. What's up?" She questioned as I approached her table.

All her friends stopped and stared at me as they waited for an answer, making me uncomfortable with the attention.

I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear shyly.

"Uh-uhm I-I was wondering if you-" I was cut off when someone shoved me to the side and stood in front of y/n.

"Hey baby, you think you can buy lunch for me today? Oh sorry, Irene I didn't see you there, I can't tell the difference between you and a trashcan these days, don't you think so too, y/n?" Seulgi said with fake sympathy in her eyes.

I felt my face flush as y/n's friends all laughed at me. I didn't know whether I wanted to cry or die at that moment. I looked over at y/n who had just watched in shock with her mouth open like she was going to say something but nothing came out. Before she could speak I quickly turned on my heel and ran out of the cafeteria with Seulgi and her friends still laughing behind me.

-

Your P.O.V.

"What the fuck was that Seulgi?" I said getting up from my spot to glare at her.

She looked at me in surprise before speaking, "That little brat needs to know her place. She can't just come over here talking to you like-"

"Who the fuck said she couldn't talk to me? You just humiliated her for trying to talk to me all because of what? Because you're jealous I like her and not you." I said pointing at her accusingly causing everyone at the table to 'ooh'.

"Will you guys shut up too! You all are the same, I swear! Making fun of everyone and acting like you're all high and mighty but guess what you all are the fakest fucking friends I've ever had." I walked away from the table leaving everyone speechless and Seulgi looked like she was about to cry.

How could they be so insensitive to Irene like that? It's so messed up.

I left the cafeteria in search of Irene, my heart filled with guilt.

-

Irene's P.O.V.

I let out another sob into my arms as I cried in the bathroom stall all by myself. I feel like a complete idiot. How could I have not known that y/n and Seulgi were together? Gosh, I must be the biggest embarrassment ever to just walk up there thinking y/n would actually go out with me. It was stupid of me to even think that we actually had something over the summer and when I come back to school that everything between us would be the same.

I continued to let the tears roll down my face as I hugged my knees tighter to my chest. It physically hurt my chest to just think about how embarrassing and heartbreaking that was for me. I went in with so much hope and watched it all fall apart in a matter of seconds.

I heard the door to the bathroom open as someone walked in.

"Irene? You in here?" I recognized the voice and immediately left the stall to see Joy there.

I ran over to her as she pulled me into an embrace making me cry even more.

"I-I'm such an I-Idiot," I sobbed out into her shoulder.

"Shh no, you're not Irene. This was all my fault, I shouldn't have let you go over there by yourself in the first place. It was my fault for encouraging you when all those snakes were around."She said while brushing my hair out with her fingers.

"She didn't even say anything. She just looked at me and said nothing." My heart ached even more as I tried to explain to Joy but she kept shushing me for the sake of how emotional I was.

"C-Can we please leave?" I whimpered out.

I have y/n in my next class and after what just happened, I really didn't want to go. Joy nodded and pulled away from our embrace to lead me out of the bathroom. As we made our way to the parking lot, it started raining a little bit but you could tell it was about to come down harder if we didn't hurry up. As we reached Joy's car, I heard someone yelling my name from behind us. I looked behind us and saw y/n running after us. Joy pushed me into the car and closed the door as I looked away from the running figure.

She quickly got in after me and started the car. The rain got heavier as y/n's figure began to come closer to the car all drenched. Just as she was reaching us, Joy pulled out of the parking lot and drove away. I watched her from the rear view mirror start slowing down to a stop and get smaller as we drove further away from the school.

-

I blew into the 100th tissue today and tossed it into the trash can. I told Joy to go back to school without me since I didn't want to hold her back in her classes since I was a little wimp for. I didn't hold back when I got back home, I completely balled for the past thirty minutes straight. Hating myself for being so clueless about the situation. Of course, y/n would never want to date me, what the heck is wrong with me?

The doorbell rang and I really didn't have the energy to get up and see who it was. They continued to ring and I groaned in irritation. I trudged down the stairs and lazily opened the door with a frown plaguing my face. I opened the door to see y/n standing in front of me drenched from head to toe in the rain. I gasped at her appearance and pulled her inside, not caring if she left mud all over the floor.

"Y-Y/n W-what are you doing here?"

"I-I-I came here to s-see you a-and a-apologize for what happened today." She explained in a violent shiver.

I quickly went to find a blanket and wrap it over her frozen body.

Before I could reply she spoke up, "I really am sorry for what they did to you today, Irene. I know you only wanted to talk to me and I-I'm just so sorry that I didn't say anything fast enough and when you left I went looking for you and then you were leaving with Joy and I just had to run after you but you were already gone and-"

"Y/n, it's ok," I said while placing both my hands on her face.

-

Your P.O.V.

I froze even more than I already was when she stared into my eyes. This is it, this is the moment.

"Irene, I really really like you." She looked at me in surprise.

"B-but what about you and Seulgi?"

"We're not even together she was just jealous because she knew I had a thing for you." She blushed and began to get flustered.

I frowned a little when I realized she still hasn't said anything back.

"I-I'm sorry I came here, I get it if you don't feel the same," I said removing the blanket and turning around to leave.

"Y/n! Wait!" I felt her grab ahold of my shoulder and spin me around.

I closed my eyes when I felt a soft pressure against my lips. I kissed back after a few seconds. My heart fluttered when I opened my eyes to look at Irene's gentle eyes.

She pulled back from the kiss and opened her eyes, "I like you too."

-

A/n: Hope y'all enjoyed