What secret lies in the water part 2.

A/N- I definitely recommend re-reading part 1 if you have not already for this chapter, and for reference of how y/n's mermaid looks like, 'the thirteenth year' movie is the reference I mainly used, anyways love you guys and in

3...

2...

1....

TO THE STORY!!

-

The sound of everything from below was always muffled.

You missed the sound of music.

The sound of people.

Sometimes you'd think of Hyeju's voice, did you even remember it after all this time?

Or was it just your imagination?

It turns out, you weren't as alone as you thought you'd be down here.

There were quite a few merpeople who refused to go to the surface out of fear of being caught.

But they were far less social than the people you knew from the land.

For some reason, you found peace in being alone though.

After the confrontation between Hyeju and your cousin...you realized that being with your family and outsiders, was no place for you.

You have threatened the exposure of your people for years, not on purpose, of course, but the incident was enough to push you into leaving. You couldn't risk the safety of your family, especially now that Hyeju had discovered the secret.

Jiwoo and Sooyoung have always known, they were sworn to secrecy because of their family-like bond to your family. You were scared that Hyeju was the complete opposite of her aunts, and you were right.

She was terrified of you that night you changed in front of her, and the look on her face still haunts you.

"Y/n!" a voice interrupted your thoughts.

Opening your eyes, you turned in the water to see a familiar Siren approaching you.

"Jinsol! To what do I owe the pleasure of being blessed by your presence?" you asked teasingly while swimming closer to her.

"Ew why the hell are you talking like you're in a Shakespeare play," she gagged while circling around you.

"I'm surprised you know ANYTHING about Shakespeare," you retorted.

She rolled her eyes at you and replied, "I KNOW HIM because my love always reads his plays to me."

Jinsol was a gorgeous siren that had scales and fins that resembled those of a blue beta fish, her eyes glowed a teal green only when she was underwater.

Jinsol, similar to you, had also been outcasted by her own family but merely because she had fallen for a human.

Sirens frequently get a bad rap for all the stories and legends created around them and their voices.

How their singing has brought so many humans to their demise.

It is true...but only because the humans would cross into the siren territory, humans never really understood respecting a creature's land when they were there first.

For this very reason, sirens hate humans...with a passion.

You were aware of the tension between the two species, so it surprised you when you first met Jinsol to find that the only reason she had been swimming in the South Atlantic all by herself, was because she loved a human.

Kpop Girls x You One shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara