The Concussion (Jeong JinSoul)

You could only watch.

You couldn't say anything because then that would give you away.

So, instead, you sat and watched with patient eyes.

JinSoul and her friends cheered loudly as she scored another point for her team after hitting a successful spike against the other volleyball team. You weren't necessarily the athletic type, so you preferred to sit down at the benches along with a few others after your P.E. teacher had finished making you all do your main workouts.

A voice spoke up causing you to jump, removing your hand from it's resting spot underneath your chin.

"Careful y/n, you might catch some flies in your mouth if you stare for too long," Hyunjin spoke with a grin.

You whined and slapped her against the shoulder in annoyance as she snickered.

"I'm not starring...just...admiring," you justified.

She looked at you like you were ridiculous making you turn away and blush out of embarrassment.

"Y/n, why don't you just ask her already? I mean you already know she swings both ways, and you guys talk occasionally, so why not just go for it?"

You frowned in thought while watching as JinSoul's team won and everyone gathered around her to either congratulate or cheer each other on. You looked away just as she was turning to look over at you, hoping that you had seen her win.

JinSoul's demeanor then found disappointment when she saw you talking to Hyunjin as she soaked up all of your attention, a bitter coat of jealousy resting on JinSoul's now hunched shoulders as she turned back to her team acting as if it didn't affect her.

Oblivious to the eyes on you, you continued to rant on and on to Hyunjin about all the endless reasons why it was such a bad idea to try and ask her out, the main one being rejection of course.

You sighed while burying your face into your hands.

What if you did make the first move?

You thought, completely contradicting your earlier thoughts.

Your heartbeat quickened just at the thought of going out of your way and asking your life long crush out on a date. As the game ended and JinSoul's team won, she made her way over to the water fountain by herself. A reckless thought came into mind, and you were going to use this to your advantage.

"Give me a count down," you commanded Hyunjin to do while looking at your target.

Hyunjin looked up at you with knitted brows, "Why?"

"Give me a count down," you repeated.

She followed your eyes and saw JinSoul drinking at the water fountain by herself and caught on.

With a smirk, she began, "5...4..."

You stood up and began fast walking towards her.

"...3..."

You can hear the sound of everyone in the gym drowning out from how loud your heart is beating against your chest as you get closer.

"...2..."

JinSoul wipes her mouth and begins to stand up, ready to walk back in your direction.

"...1..."

"Hey, JinS-" just as you about greeted her, a flying volleyball went hurtling towards you, hitting you square in the back of the head. The force causing you to practically eat it right in front of JinSoul. 

Kpop Girls x You One shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें