01

A/N

Hi! I'm back with another story of Sungjoy :) I know I'm making myself suffer for uploading my stories all at once but I feel like I can't write another chapter if I don't publish this story. Anyways, my two other stories are going to end anyway, maybe I just don't want to feel jobless lmao (even though I'm busy as a student) :D anyways, I'm just blabbering nonsense here (I don't even know if you read my notes but it doesn't matter 😂)

I know I suck at making story descriptions -_- Since I'm not that knowlegeable about the jobs of my characters, you can correct me. I would really appreciate that or inform me about things so I can write the scenarios well. Thank you so much in advance, I'm not going to write A/Ns in the next coming chapters so be rest assured that you won't read any of my concerns or anything XD, then...

enjoy! ^^

see you on the last chapter! 😅 (I'm an advanced thinker)

***

Sungjae opened the cap of the ballpen using his teeth before checking the findings of his patients. He was planning to take the night duty that day but it was their high school reunion and his friends practically begged him to be there, so he have to finish his work before the day ends.

He asked Hyunsik hyung, his senior at the hospital if he could take the night shift, of course it's not for free.

"A girl would be nice." he said. Sungjae just shake his head but said that he'll try.

After 5, he already changed in his casual outfit and was walking at the corridor of the hospital when So Hyun, his junior walked towards him.

Sungjae had to stifle a groan. He doesn't want to talk to her, mainly because she's into him, not that he's bragging but she's already making it obvious of her advances towards him.

Putting a fake smile he smiled and waved at her. Even if he doesn't like her, he doesn't want to seem rude.

"Sunbae, Are you leaving already?"

"Ah, I have an appointment, high school reunion."

So Hyun nodded. "Then, do you want me to go with you?"

Sungjae waved his hand immediately as if saying 'no'. "Ha ha, you don't have to. Oh, look at the time, I'll be late. I'm going now, bye." He said in a hurry and walked faster to escape.

"Sunbae! Let's eat sometime okay?!" So Hyun shouted so Sungjae could hear but he just continued walking.

He sighed out of relief when he got outside. It's hard to escape when he's facing So Hyun, she just seem to be hard to deal with.

He went to the agreed meeting place and parked his car first before getting inside. It was a fancy restaurant where you can book a room for many people and even have a karaoke inside.

Many greeted him when he stepped inside the room but it was his friends who mostly came to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Yo, How's it acting like a doctor?" Changsub hyung asked slinging his arms around Sungjae's shoulder.

"I do am a doctor. And it's not like we haven't met last week hyung."

Changsub chuckled. "But you're so busy I almost forgot how you look like."

"Yah, yah, stop harassing Sungjae. Let's get seated first." Eunkwang said to them.

They went to their table and Sungjae greeted his classmates. He looked around the room before sitting down.

"Who are you looking for?" Changsub asked when he noticed Sungjae looking everywhere.

"No one."

Eunkwang grinned mischievously poking sungjae's arm. "You're looking for her, aren't you?"

Sungjae's eyes widen. "No I'm not." He denied.

"Ooh, that's a strong reaction. I was just teasing you know." Eunkwang said but Sungjae was still uneasy. He doesn't want to see her, definitely.

Changsub made his seat closer to them. "Who? Who?"

Eunkwang leaned to Changsub. "You know... 'that' girl." Changsub nodded.

"Ah... Joy?!" Changsub shouted because it was noisy inside.

Eunkwang slapped his mouth. "Do you really have to mention her name?"

Changsub then apologized. "Since we graduated from high school, she hasn't came to attend our reunion."

"Really?" Sungjae asked. Not that he's interested, he's surprised because Joy would surely go to any event to brag about herself. It was his first time attending the reunion, if he only knew that she's not attending everytime, he should've attended every year.

"I heard some rumors." Eunkwang signaled them to go closer to him, Sungjae and Changsub did. "I heard that her father's company went brankrupt." Sungjae and Changsub looked at each other with eyes wide open. "There's another thing, one of our batchmates saw that she cut her hair."

Sungjae sat straight staring infront. She cut her hair? Didn't she told him she love her hair long? Why cut it?

But it doesn't matter anyway although he was itching to ask some questions because he doesn't want to appear interested of her.

"To be honest, I like her." Changsub said all of a sudden. Sungjae's neck snapped towards him. Did he heard him right?

Changsub put his hand in the air defensively. "It's not what you think! I mean like as a sister and a friend. Why do you look scary?" He asked Sungjae, Eunkwang laughed.

Sungjae sighed and looked infront again. He didn't know but it just unnerved him when someone says that they like Joy.

"Although she was obssessed, obvious and straight forward of her love for you and even though you rejected her many times, she was nice you know. She'd always treat us your friends. Besides, she likes you so much, there's no way she'd like someone else." Eunkwang said since he also came to like Joy as a friend.

Sungjae turned to them. "She's nice to you because she likes me. She's mean hyung." They don't even know her true personality.

"Are we talking about the same person?" Changsub said.

They looked at each other and laughed. How did they even end up talking about her anyway? She's not there now, there's no use talking about it.

The party started and just like what his hyung said, Joy didn't came. Sungjae tried to denied it but he was a bit dissapointed. He was imagining what her reaction would be if ever she came. Is she going to stick to him again? Does she wear thick make up like she always do? Or make other guys drool over her? But it seemed like he won't ever see her again.

It was almost midnight but it seemed like the guys have no intention of going home yet. Sungjae stood up from his seat.

"Where are you going? Party's not over yet." Eunkwang said stopping him.

"I'll just go outside to get some air." He said to him and went outside. He didn't know that it was already raining.

He stood on one side with his hands in his pocket while looking up to the rain.

On the corner of his eyes, he saw someone putting his hand under the rain, catching it with his palm. He turned to the person and was shocked to find out it that wasn't a guy but a girl.

He just uttered her name without a second thought, making sure if it is really her.

"Joy..?"

The girl turned to him but Sungjae felt like she was not the person he knew. It's like he's looking at the same face but completely a different person.

***