Summer of Sophomore Year

Hi, Babes! So, hi! This is the final chapter of Double Major, but never fear, the sequel is coming soon! I hope you enjoyed this story, and I hope you'll enjoy the next one!

Thanks for coming with me on this crazy ride.

Xx. ❤
-Katherine
sofaroffbway

Finals week had wrapped, and not before Pippa had a panic attack on multiple occasions, and Lin almost tore up his textbook. But nonetheless, they both survived.

For their relationship, they had been working hard on rebuilding the trust they once had. They did spend a few nights apart. Completely apart. Lin spent a night, or two, or three, or four...maybe it was a week. It was really a week, but he didn't like admitting it. It was a week he spent nights in Jonathan's room, sleeping on the couch, just to give Pippa the space she desperately needed in the moment. After that week, Lin started sleeping back at his shared dorm with Pippa, not just living there. Still, they slept apart. It was only within the past week that Lin started sleeping in bed with Pippa once again. He didn't dare to wrap his hands around her waist, though. She still slept with that gentle connection to him, maybe wrists touching, or her left ankle overlapping Lin's right. It was like they were back to square one; because they basically were.

Everyone was getting job offers or internships for the Summer to work at local shows or theaters. Scouts had come to the finals shows and the midterm shows, and that's where these jobs were coming from. Lin and Pippa both were just anxiously waiting for that phone to ring.

~~~~~

It was a rainy Tuesday afternoon when Pippa was out with Jasmine. They were having one last lunch before Jasmine left three days before the offical move out day to go to a twn week long internship with a theater in Vermont. "Have an amazing Summer, Babe. You'll have to tell me all about it." Pippa said as she hugged Jasmine.

"I will! Bye, Pip." Jasmine gave her best friend one last hug and waved.

"Bye!" Pippa waved and started her walk back to the dorm. She slipped in her earbuds and started playing some Broadway soundtrack from her phone. "Hi, Babe." Pippa called out to Lin as she got back home. "Lin?" She asked when Lin didn't respond. "Hey, what's going on?" She asked when she found Lin pacing the floor of the "living room".

"Pip, this whole thing is eating me alive!" Lin exclaimed, running his hands through his hair.

"What is?" Pippa asked. "Hey, hey, look at me, you're okay." Pippa nodded slowly, turning Lin to face her.

"This whole job thing. I've just been waiting for that phone to ring, and nothing is happening, Pippa, this is killing me! Was I not good enough, was I--" Lin started rambling once more.

"Woah, woah, woah." Pippa shook her head. "Stop right there. You're only still a sophomore, there are plenty of job opportunities in the many years to come. How often does a sophomore get an actual job for the Summer?"

"Jazzy did."

"She's interning at a theater. She'll probably just be cleaning." Pippa laughed gently.

"Okay, fair, but still." Lin argued back.

"I know, I know it is scary. So how about this?" Pippa took Lin's phone off the table and swapped it with her iPod.

"You're so old school." Lin said with a laugh under his breath.

"I know." Pippa laughed as well, but handed him the music playing device. "But why don't you go on a run, just around campus. Come back in half an hour, I'll make some dinner." Pippa smiled. "It'll be a healthy distraction for you, plus, I have most of your favorite Broadway soundtracks on here."

Lin smiled. "I love you, Pip."

"I love you too." Pippa kissed his cheek. "Now, go run, what are you doing?!" She chuckled.

~~~~~

It was post run and post post run shower for Lin when he sat down at the table. Pippa was putting the finishing touches on the pasta she made for dinner, and once it was perfect, she sat down across from Lin. Dinner was nice, just like it always was. Pippa made sure to sway the conversation in any other direction than potential jobs. And she did a pretty good job. She got Lin to tell her a great story about his Washington Heights childhood, and he even got Pippa to tell one of her funniest show fail stories (it was pretty funny).

Right after dinner, Pippa went and showered, and after that, found Lin clicking off whatever show he was watching on Netflix. She figured this would be the best time to talk. "So, hypothetically..." Pippa began, crawling under the covers next to Lin. "If one of us were to get a job in the next two days, and the other wasn't--"

"This is a really weird hypothetical scenario you have." Lin cut her off.

"It's still hypothetical." Pippa told him. "But still, if one of us got hired and the other didn't..." Pippa's voice trailed off.

"Pip, if you got hired, and I didn't, I would tell you to go take the job! It'll be a great experience no matter what you're doing!" Lin told her. He was telling the truth.

"And I would say the same to you." Pippa smiled.

"Is that all?" Lin asked with a small chuckle.

"Yep, that's all. Goodnight." She kissed his forehead and laid down. Lin laid down as well, he expected Pippa just to reach for his hand, but she gently grabbed his hand and wrapped his arm around her waist, exactly like how they used to sleep. This made Lin smile so brightly.

"You got a job, didn't you?" Lin asked Pippa.

Pippa nodded quickly. "I'm going to be originating Natasha in an off-Broadway show...well, if I take the job." Pippa sighed the slightest. "I mean, they've cleared it with the school and all, but..."

"But what, Pip?! This is a once in a lifetime...as a college student...opportunity!" Lin exclaimed. "Why are you being so hesitant?"

"Lin, they want me to perform until December."

~~~~~

[End of Act One]

Double Major // Lippaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें