Something's Happened

"Why are you up, Love?" Lin asked in a whisper, waking up in the middle of the night to see Pippa sitting straight up in their bed.

"I'm sorry to wake you." Pippa said, laying her head down on her folded knees. It was obvious that she was exhausted.

"No, you didn't wake me, it's not your fault. What's wrong?" Lin laid her back down.

"My stupid nightmares are back." Pippa grumbled, laying her head onto Lin's shoulder. "And it isn't even the nightmare I had at your house on break."

"Then what was it about, Love?" Lin asked. "I mean, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but if it'll help you, I'm here to listen." Lin kissed her scalp.

"Do I have to?" Pippa asked quietly.

"No, not at all. Not at all." Lin reassured her. "We can just go back to sleep. Do you want me to hold you, or no?" He needed to make sure she would be okay with his touch on her waist. Pippa nodded, and Lin snuggled Pippa close to him. "This good?"

"Yes. Thank you. I love you." Pippa whispered.

"I love you too."

~~~~~

The next morning, Lin woke up to an empty bed, and he definitely did panic for a moment. His heart started beating again when he saw Pippa just pulling her hair up in front of the bathroom mirror. He walked in and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. "Good morning."

"Good morning." Pippa responded. "Oh, hey, I've been meaning to talk to you about something. I was thinking about it last night."

"What's up?"

"Do you mind if we keep our boyfriend/girlfriend thing on the DL for right now? I just want to take it slow for right now." Pippa stated. She studied Lin's face for a moment, and then out of sheer habit, she tried to fix her mistakes. "But if you don't want to, that's fine. It's all up to you, I can do whatever you want me t--"

"Pip, stop." Lin chuckled. "I am totally fine going slow with this. Heck, I was going to talk to you about this too."

"Great minds think alike, I guess." Pippa laughed, connecting her lips to Lin's for a brief moment.

Lin laughed gently in return. "You're so cute."

"You're so cute too."

~~~~~

It was later that night when Pippa sst down on the couch, scrolling through her phone. Her heart skipped a few beats, and her mind wandered to everything in her nightmares that past night.

Jasmine: SOS. Emergency. Call me. Something's happened to Anthony.
(9:42 p.m.)

~~~~~

Just a short filler chapter to transition us from last chapter to the next one!

I hope you liked it! Xx. ❤

-Katherine