The Waiting Game

I just wanted to say, thank you for all your concern for my health. Since then, I have gone to the doctors, and I'm on some medication. I'll also be sitting out of my shows and rehearsals for today, so I'm getting better. Just thank you all one hundred times over for all the love. Well, that's all. Enjoy this chapter! Xx. ❤

~~~~~

It was said that 24 hours after their performance, the mark would be sent their way, in regards to their Silver Brick one act.

In that twenty four hour span, Pippa took her music midterm and recieved an A. But still, her scholarship was riding on the result of this midterm show.

And all they had to do was play the waiting game.

"I'm so proud of you!" Pippa exclaimed. "Mr. Aced-both-midterms!" She gave Lin a hug.

Lin chuckled. "Thanks, Pip." They separated, and Lin kissed Pippa's cheek. "Still waiting on the Silver Brick mark?" Pippa just nodded. "Hey, we'll just have to play the waiting game, but I have the best way to make the time pass."

"And what would that be?" Pippa playfully smirked.

"You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?" Lin mimicked her smirk and took her hand, leading her out of the dorm. "Leave your phone!" Lin called as she started to reach for the device. "I know you get your grades on that app, and I'm not letting you get distracted by it."

Pippa smiled. "Alright." She set her phone down followed Lin out of the dorm. "Where are we going?" Pippa asked and almost skipped along like an excited child.

"On an adventure." Lin laughed. The two walked, hand-in-hand, down the New York streets, stopping momentarily to wait for the "okay" to cross the traffic ridden roads. "Come here!" Lin exclaimed, grabbing Pippa's hand tighter and running across one of the streets, dodging taxi cabs and bicyclists.

Pippa started laughing. "What was that for?"

"This." Lin turned around and presented Pippa with a single tulip.

Pippa's eyes widened, and an even bigger smile broke out onto her face. She quickly noticed that this flower was bought from the flower cart they were standing right in front of. "Lin!" She gushed. "Aw, thank you!"

"A pretty flower for a pretty girl." Lin smiled. "Thank you." He waved to the man working the cart, who waved back and smiled at the two. Out of nowhere, Pippa gave Lin's cheek a kiss. "And what was that for?"

"Nothing in particular. I just love you." She looked up at him.

"I love you too." Lin smiled. They kept walking, stopping for ice cream at the cutest shop that was on the way back to the dorms. "Welcome back home." Lin opened the door to the dorm, and the first thing he did was take Pippa's phone hostage.

Pippa didn't notice, seeing that she was setting her tulip from Lin today in the middle of the vase that held her show flowers. "Hey!" Pippa exclaimed, chasing Lin around the dorm, once she realized what was going on. "Give me my phone back!"

"Nope. You still have...three hours left. Which means, the waiting game isn't over." Lin taunted, running into their room and closing the door. He came back moments later, to see Pippa standing in front of the door, arms crossed, just snickering.

"Where'd you put my phone?" Pippa choked back her laughter.

"Somewhere you'll never find it." Lin teased.

"We'll see about that." Pippa started chuckling, but Lin stopped her from going into their room.

"Nope. Nope. Nope. The waiting game isn't over."

"Well, how are we supposed to kill three more hours?" Pippa asked.

"Like this..."

~~~~~

And three hours later, Lin and Pippa had had a little Broadway soundtrack jam session, watched two episodes of Grey's, and started making dinner. Three and a half hours later, they were sitting down eating takeout because their attempts at making dinner kind of backfired.

"I'll be right back." Lin said, leaving the table. Pippa nodded, and smiled when he came back. "Here you go, My Love. Your 24 hours is up by thirty minutes, so here you go." Lin handed Pippa her phone. Hesitantly, Pippa set her fork down and took the phone from Lin's hands. Lin could see her hands shaking. "Hey, it's going to be okay." Pippa nodded and drew in a nervous breath. She scrolled down her phone screen and tightly closed her eyes for a moment before slowly opening them to see the results. "What does it say?" Lin asked, reaching over the table and grabbing her free hand.

"I passed."