Sorry

Sweetheart.

Lin quickly hurried Pippa back to their car. He had to get her home, and fast, considering this could be headed in a dangerous direction. Lin took mental note on how she was bre slower and flipping the laces of her boots between her fingers. Like she knew it wasn't Matt there, calling her "Sweetheart". But then again, at the same time, the other part of her brain could only conjure up his face. They quickly got back to their (now permanently shared) dorm, and the first thing Lin did was grab a bottle of water and sat her down on the sofa beside him.

"Thank you." Pippa whispered, taking the bottle from his hands. She knew how this whole thing went. Deep breaths and small sips.

"You okay?" Lin gently rubbed her knee. Pippa nodded, but Lin could see her face contort in pain. "Come here." He leaned her into a hug. Sobs filled the room as Pippa just broke down.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered into his shoulder. "For everything." Lin's hand ran up and down her back. Pippa pulled away from the hug and rubbed her eyes. Lin's heart broke at her face, and he pulled her back into their hug.

"Listen, there's nothing to be sorry for, I promise." Lin coaxed. "Nothing."

"But I'm dragging you into all of this, and--"

"No." Lin cut her off. "You didn't and aren't dragging me into anything. Pip, you hid all of this from me. You didn't tell anyone about it. And I know it was because you were scared of him, I understand that, but how do you think I'd feel if I let this go on?" Pippa knew what he was headed towards here.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Lin knew she didn't mean it in a relationship kind of way, but still, his response was nothing but genuine.

~~~~~

Hey! This chapter is just a little insert to transition us from last chapter to the next chapter. And I'd give you a teaser of next chapter, but all I'm going to say is that it may not be the smoothest ride from here on out for a while...guess you'll have to read and see. Love you all! Xx. ❤