Apologies & Promises

"Hey, Groff, is Pippa in there?" Lin asked.

"I mean, she...she is but..." Groff drew out. "Oh my gosh, Lin..."

"I know, I know, can I please just see her?" Lin directed Groff's attention away from the tear stains on his cheeks.

"Fine." Groff whispered, letting Lin in.

"Pippa, oh my gosh." Lin teared up once more when he saw her, scared, on Groff's couch.

"No, no, no, don't hurt me, no, no, don't touch me!" Pippa shrieked.

"Pippa." Lin whispered. "I am so sorry."

"Lin!" Groff pulled him away as Pippa was obviously not reacting well to seeing him. "Do you even understand what you've done?! You did the one thing that you promised her you'd never do! You saw the fresh handprints on her arms first hand, and you went and grabbed her wrist!"

"Groff, I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!"

"Lin-Manuel Miranda, "sorry" isn't going to fix it! She's just as scared of you now as she is of a man who took advantage of her! Lin, you're starting to remind her of someone who mentally, physically, emotionally, and sexually abused her. Do you even understand that?" Groff shouted at him.

Tears were running down Lin's face now. Now he was the one starting to panic. "What I do?! Jonathan, what do I do?! I love her, Groff, I do! With all of my heart, what do I do?!"

"Lin, I don't know! I don't know what's going on in her head." Groff sighed.

Lin dried the tears that had fallen, and walked back out to where Pippa was. "Pippa?" He asked quietly, and Pippa looked up from her hands. "Can I sit next to you?" She hesitantly shook her head. Lin completely understood. "That's alright, listen. I don't know what to say, I don't know how to make this up to you, but I didn't mean to touch you, I am so incredibly sorry. I know sorry won't fix it, but--"

"Lin, do you love me?" Pippa cut him off.

"What?"

"Do you love me?"

"Pip, I love you with all of my heart." Lin whispered. "I do, I really do, and it just scared me to see walk out of the room. Pippa, I'm horrified to lose you."

"Lin?"

"What's up, Love?" He asked.

"Do you promise to never touch me again? Please? Well, like hugs and kisses are okay, but like please promise you'll never--" She asked quietly.

"I promise you, Pippa. I'll never place a finger on you onto you unless you give me an okay, I swear. You don't deserve anyone to do any of that." Lin whispered. "I swear."

~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for another short chapter, life is really stressful and hectic and scary, but you don't need to hear any excuses.

Hope you enjoyed. Xx. ❤