When I arrive home, I do my best to discreetly sneak up back into my room but I fail miserably. I don't even make it half way up the stairs before I'm caught.

"Must've had quite the night last night Rowan." A voice speaks behind me.

I turn to see a shit grinning Rachael staring at me.

"I'm here before the meeting. What do you want?" I ask irritably.

"Hook up with anybody?"

I roll my eyes, "You really think that highly of me?"

"I'm serious! Did you?"

I shake my head at her, "No. I did not hook up with anyone Rachel. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go take a shower."

I don't wait for a response as I make my way up the stairs and into my room. I take a much a needed shower and dress into something much more comfier.

I don't know what I'm going to do when Luke shows up for the meeting. I need to act as if him kissing Ashlyn isn't a big deal. If Luke finds out that I like him, he's gonna laugh in my face. Then I'll have to work with him for the rest of the assignment and it's going to be beyond awkward.

"Rowan! Everyone's here! We're starting the meeting!" Rosie calls from down the hall.

I take my sweet time in making my way to the conference room. I know it'll piss off Ashlyn, which is why I should walk even slower.

"Rowan! Hurry up!" Rachael shouts.

Guess my plan for walking slow is out the window.

Rachael, Rosie, Ashlyn, and Luke are all sitting at the table when I arrive. Ashlyn, as usual, has an annoyed look on her face while Rachael is also sporting the same face. I take a seat farthest away from Luke but act as if it's no big deal.

I tip my head up slightly to see Luke already staring at me. He's wearing a puzzled look on his face but when he notices me looking at him, he gives me a small smile.

I quickly look away and instead, focus my attention to the power point displayed on the TV.

"Great. Now that Rowan's finally showed up, let's get straight to business." Rachael starts off, looking at all of us, "Kylie's parents will be at a business function supposedly where Rico Montez and Johnathan Hunter will be. If we can get into that business function, we can narrow their location."

Rosie speaks up, "I heard Kylie's parents talking about it. They said they're not going. Something about the event being to risky."

"There must be a drug deal going on. I found out that the president of a huge cigar company will be there too. It's going to be hard getting in, but we'll figure it out." Rachel says.

"So what exactly is the plan then?" Ashlyn asks.

"We should plant a tracking device under their cars, that way we can track them down to their warehouse. We'll also want to try and get in so we can actually see them. Maybe we can find out who their dealing the drugs too."

"Sounds promising." Ashlyn comments.

"Who's doing what?" Luke asks Rachael.

"We'll need two people to place the tracking devices and the other three will actually go into the building to find Johnathan and Rico."

"Ashlyn, Rowan, Luke, why don't you three be the ones to go inside? Rachael and I will place the tracking devices. Also, you guys need to come up with cover ups, so no one catches you. I suggest maybe two of you guys pretend to go as a couple." Rosie discreetly winks.

Fuck you. I mouth to Rosie.

"That's a smart idea." Luke grins at Rosie, "Rowan, would you please give me the honor and be my date?" Luke asks me adorably.

I really should say no. I'm still upset that he kissed Ashlyn at the party last night. The childish part of me wants to say no and throw a tantrum. The smart part of me tells me that I need to grow up and just do it.

The sour look on Ashlyn's face also encourages me to say yes to being Luke's date.

"Sure." I tell Luke.

I may be agreeing to this fake dating thing, but that doesn't mean I'm going to straight out forgive Luke.

"Great! The event is in two nights at 8 o'clock. It's a black and white theme and dress very classy. I'm talking about floor length gowns and black tuxes."

"Good thing I love shopping." Ashlyn shrugs her shoulders.

***

"You wanna take a drive with me?" Luke asks me right before he leaves.

I furrow my brows at him, "Why?"

Luke smiles at me, "I dunno. Just feel like it. C'mon."

Luke doesn't even wait for me to say yes, he just turns around and starts walking away.

I stand there thinking. Who does he think he is? He thinks I'll just blindly follow him? Well then, he is very right. The romantic part inside of me is fan-girling at the idea of being with Luke alone.

"So where are we going?" I ask Luke once we're on the road.

"Somewhere." Luke smirks.

We drive along the dark roads and listen to the Rolling Stones. I let my hair fly through the wind and just imagine what it would be like to date Luke. Yes, it would be amazing.

***

Hello guys!

I have an explanation for not updating in a while! My computer broke and I have been unable to access one. In fact, my computer is still broken and I'm using my friends. I really miss my computer.

Thanks for 1k reads! Keep the number rising!

Also, I just started school, so updates won't be as often :(

Thank you for reading this far, and making me happy!

If you liked this chapter, PLEASE vote and comment!