Jet Part 2

After the formalities, Jet's group scattered around the campsite to scavenge for supplies. Katara immediately walked over to Jet and thanked him while I went over to Duke. "Hey." I waved and he looked up with smile. "Hey! Check it out!" he motioned to a crate and opened the lid. "Blasting jelly!" he squealed. I looked down and gasped. "Woah!" I said and he nodded. "And there's more!" Duke ran over to a whole stack of similar crates. "That could take out the whole village." I said, staring at the boxes. "Good thing we got to it first." Duke beamed and I nodded in a agreement.

"Hey, Anaya!" I heard Aang call and I turned over to him. He was with pipsqueak who was lifting up a barrel and opening the lid. "We found Jelly!"
"We did too!" I called. He smiled and lifted up a handful before shoving it into his mouth, with pipsqeak doing the Same behind him. "Aang!" I cried. "what are you doing!" he tilted his head in confusion as I ran over to him. I looked down into the barrel and saw regular candy jelly. I let out a long sigh of relief. "You meant normal jelly." I said and he nodded. "What jelly did you find?" he asked. "The explosive kind." His face turned slightly pale at the thought of eating explosive jelly.

Once everything was reported back to Jet, we packed up the important stuff, including the candy jelly, and set off. "Let's stash this at the hide out." Jet said and both Aang and Katara grew excited. "You guys have a hide out?" Aang asked amazed. "Of course, you wanna see?" He nodded his head vigorously.

We trekked deep into the forest. The trees grew thick above us and the air became more humid. The packs we were carrying didn't make it any easier and sweat started to drip down my forehead. I was grateful when I bumped into Sokka because we finally reached the hide out.

"Here it is." Jet announced and I glared around eagerly. Apart from the usual trees and shrubs, the space was empty. "Where is it?" Sokka asked unimpressed. "There's nothing here!" Jet walked towards a tree and grabbed a dangling rope with a loop at the end. "Hold this." He said, handing it to Sokka and wrapping the loop around his wrist. "Why? What does this do?"

Suddenly, the loop tighted and without warning, it pulled Sokka up into the air. "Wooaaahh!" Sokka cried as he shot through the air and into the trees. Another rope was lowered down and jet took it. "Who's next?" he asked, turning to Aang and I. "No thanks, I'll get up on my own." Aang replied. Momo chittered and lept from Aang shoulder onto branches. Aang followed just as quickly, jumping as high as he could and reaching the top in half the time Sokka did. Jet's mouth fell open slightly opened, but he quickly closed it and turned to me. "I'll follow him." I smiled and took the same route as Aang.

I burst through the leaves and onto a wooden landing. A network of wood spiralled and weaved it's way through branches. It was a gigantic tree house I turned around in awe. There was alot more people here. Kids. They scurried around the decks like ants, some spoke in general conversation, while others held weapons and were laughing as the jumped down various holes in the ground.

"This place is amazing!" Aang said as Jet and Katara came through a hole in the floor. "It's beautiful up here." Katara sighed. Jet turned to her. "It is beautiful, and most importantly, the Fire nation can't find us."

We started to walk through the maze and Aang caught sight of a zip line. He ran off in excitement and I followed him, right after Jet said, "I've been causing them a little trouble." Aang grabbed onto a piece of metal and slid down the line. "Woo!" he yelled with momo on his shoulder. "Flip!" I called, egging him on. "Flip! Flip!" He did exactly that, and pulled off a front flip at the end of the line, landing next to pipsqueek and Sokka. "Your turn!" he called and I grabbed an arched piece of metal and zipped down the line. "Wooo!" I cried and front flipped, landing next to Aang. "That was amazing!" I squealed.

"One day, we'll drive the fire nation out of here for good and free the town." Jet told katara as they walked forward. "That so brave." Katara admired and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, what's braver than a boy in a tree house!" Sokka said sarcastically, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. "Don't listen to my brother." Katara said, turning to give him a dirty look. "So," She carried on. "do you all live here?"
"Yup. Everyone here has a story." He said, looking out to everyone. "what's yours?" jet stopped walking and katara stopped with him. It looked like a sensitive moment, so I carried on with the rest of the group.

The rest of the day flew by and soon, everyone gathered at the center of the of the hide out. We all held drinks and a small share of food. Jet stood in the middle and climbed onto a raised platform. "Today, we struck another blow at the fire nation!" everyone but sokka cheered and clapped. He sat cross legged and grumpy. "Soon they'll understand that we are a force to be reckoned with!" Jet yelled, throwing his fist into the air and drinking from his wodden cup. The audience seemed to cheer twice as loud and everyone began to drink and eat.

"Nice speech." Katara congratulated as jet sat down next to us. "Thanks, but I must say, you three can really bend." he said, motioning to Aang and I. "Well, he's the avatar, and I'm... Still training." Katara blushed. Jet turned to me. "What about you? If he's the avatar, how do you air bend?"
"It's a long story." I smiled, not willing to explain what an incarnation was again. He seemed to understand and brushed over it. "Well, since you guys are our only benders, why don't you stick around and help us in our struggle?"

"Sorry, jet, but we have to leave tonight." Sokka answered sourly, standing up and beginning to walk away. He was really irritated about something. "Come on Sokka!" Jet exclaimed. "I need you on a mission tomorrow!" Sokka stopped walking and turned om his heel. "Mission?" he asked, clearly intrigued.

Once everyone finished eating, Jet led us to a spare space to sleep. "I hope this is alright." Aang took the corner and laid down. "this is fine, thanks." Katara smiled. Jet smiled back, and took the stairs out of the room. "Everyone get some rest, we've got a busy day tomorrow." Katara said to us. Momo curled up next to Aang and I envied his extra layer of fur. I leaned against the wall and my eyes started to grow heavy. I gave a stiffly yawn before I fell asleep.