CHAPTER ONE

Hanina

"Bye gurl" I giggled at my best friend ummu ayman as we hugged one last time and went our separate ways.

By the way am hanina adamu anka,the daughter of the famous hajia hadiza rufai,if you live in abuja you ought to know her,she's the best mai gyaran jiki(beautician ) there is.

Azin ehn by the time she's done with the brides their skin will always be left so soft and glowy,it fascinates me,aha back to the matter ,am twenty three ,am an event planner,makeup artist and also a designer.
Yeah I work at the same place as umma,its like a partnership thingy,or should I say a family business.

Stupid car just had to get spoilt today when there's sun like this,this naija sef abeg me am tired.

Stretching my hand I stopped a keke man and got in.

"Malam ka kaini gwarimpa " I said scrunching my nose up in disgust ,astagafurullah he smells awful.i just wanna get home ASAP.
"Ah toh shikenan kudin ki dari uku neh "he replied revving the engine to life.
Bringing my Samsung Galaxy out I made my self busy,yeah I don't use iphone,the phones wahala too much abeg,ni to me there's no phone like Samsung.sigh.

Raising my head I saw the Keke man about to pass my home.
"Mallam yayi tsaya nan"I said pointing at our gate.

"Okeh toh anty"he replied stopping his Keke,"anty"?wace antin  ka Kuma ?I asked bewildered as I stared at him.
Hissing I bought at one hundred and fifty naira and handed it over to him.this Keke people know how to do rainin wayo.

I stepped out of his Keke and started walking slowly to the gate.
"Keh"! He yelled running after me,"kai" I screamed back rolling my eyes.
"Meh wannan ba haka mukayi ba!(this is not what we agreed on)"he exclaimed throwing the money on the floor.HOW.DARE.HE,"toh sai dai in za ka mai dani dari da hamsin(okay unless if you are going to turn me into one fifty) cus am not giving you anything na rantse da Allah.(I swear to Allah)

"Wallahi na dai barki ne Allah kin gode ke kyakyawace"(am just letting this slide,thank you God that you are pretty) he said as he bent down and picked the money.
"Maganan banza,maganan wofi,daga ina ka dauko ni da zan ba ka three hundred,dem dey pluck money from tree ne ?(stupid talk,where did you pick me from?that you are expecting three hundred,is money being plucked from a tree?)"I retorted as I knocked on the gate and waited for iliya to open it.

"A'a madam ashe ke ce?"(madam so it's you?) Iliya said as he smiled and stepped aside for me.ina wuni iliya(good afternoon)"I greeted grinning widely at the middle aged gateman ,he has been working for mama even since dad divorced her,when I was seventeen.
Lafiya lau ya ta"( fine my daughter)he replied as he went back to the gate.
Yauwa iliya bakinike zai kawo mota na zuwa anjima ka karba makulli na,zan karba anjima"(the mechanic will bring my car I want you to collect the key for me)I told him as I made my way inside.

Home sweet home,i flinged my red veil on the couch and made my way to the dining area ,am sure halima, the cook made tuwo today,sitting down I opened the big plate and saw semo wrapped up in a beautiful way.yay.

After eating I made my way to my room to rest ,just when I was about to sleep I heard a knock ,cmon in I murmured softly,"ya hanina ina yini"(good afternoon)juwy my younger sister said smiling as she bounced on my bed.
"Lafiya lau baby(am fine) how was school?
"It was eventful"she replied shyly.
Sitting up abruptly I looked into her eyes,'kay tell me wah happened?'

And then she dived into the story,ofcourse me being me,zoned out until I heard a boy.
A boy?I screamed ,"juwy I told you not to get involved with boys,at your age ,trust me , they're bad news".I told her sighing inwardly.

'At my age ?cmon ya hanina am seventeen not twelve"she replied rolling her eyes.
Lallai kam dis girl ,"toh when I was seventeen I didn't even know of dating"
Oh really"?she asked raising her eyebrow at me.
Okay!I dated quite a few guys.
"Uhuh"she replied rolling her eyes.

Okay I dated four!I admitted slumping my shoulder.
"Relax big sis,nothin will happen to me I promise "she said as she brought out her phone.     
      "Am just speaking from experience you know ''i don't want you to get heartbroken,trust me I know how it feels.i told her,pinching her cheeks.
"Oww ya hanina "!she said swatting my hands away.

"Meh sunan shi (what's his name)?"I asked.
"Hm"she replied typing on her phone.
"Give me that" I said snatching her phone away from her.
"Haba ya hanina this is so unfair ,I was in middle of something important fah "she whined .
"What is his name?"I asked sternly.
"Ammar"she whispered slowly.
"Are you dating him?"I asked searching her face.
"A"(yes)she replied
"Ni hanina na shigesu(am done for)since when?"I asked getting pissed.
"Last week"she replied keeping her head low as if ashamed.
Oh you better be!inner me exclaimed.
"What the jahannam!? ,and am just knowing?,toh wallahi ba da ni ba,am attending ummu ayman's cousin sister's,nephew's wedding tomorrow.na  rantse ma ki da Allah bring that tiny boy before me on Tuesday, jibi (next tomorrow)kenan ,if not am telling mama.kuma sai na dake ki"(and I'll beat you )I said eyeing her.
Kuma no phone for you sai gobe(till tomorrow) ,I told her as she stood up from my bed and stormed out sulking.stupid girl.

Switching off her phone,i changed into something comfortable,took my laptop and red head phone out and started watching the originals.what?Claus is handsome.

After watching the last episode,i performed ablution and prayed to my lord.
To always keep umma happy, for a successful business,and to keep that lanky ammar away from my lil sis ,I want her to always be innocent.

Jumping on my bed I said my sleeping du'a and zoomed of to la-la land.