ten: day two

betty

Jug, Archie, Kevin and I all sit in the student lounge at lunch. I guess this is their usual hangout spot because it seems like everyone else avoids sitting in these spots, knowing they're coming.

Jug and I sit on one couch, Kevin on a sofa chair and Archie on another.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Jug says, putting a hand on my thigh before standing up. I smile up at him as in saying 'sure thing'.

I heat up as he does so, knowing damn well Kevin is snickering in his head right now. I look at Kevin and the smirk on his face tells me I'm right.

"Soo.. you and Jughead?" Archie says.

I look at him, "What are you talking about?"

"C'mon Betty." he pushes.

"I really don't know what you mean by that." I continue to lie.

"One day in and you've already got him wrapped around your finger, very unusual. I've known Jughead my whole life, I know things even if he doesn't tell me." Archie says smugly.

I chuckle, "I don't know, ask him." I would love to ask him too, because I didn't really know where Jughead and I stood.

"Jughead Jones has got a crush?" I hear a snarky voice from behind me. "Hey B, over heard the conversation, thought I'd add my thoughts."

"I'm sorry, why are you talking to me?" I say as nicely as I can.

She seems insulted by the remark, Kevin holding down a chuckle and Archie letting one out.

"Just chiming into girl talk." Veronica shrugs.

What the hell is going on? Did she think we were best friends because she showed me around school yesterday?

"Um, I mean this in the nicest way, but what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to check in on my girl! I wanted to offer you a spot in the squad, maybe join me and Cheryl at our lunch table. You're quite stunning, a blonde would be the perfect addition to our duo." She runs her hands through my ponytail.

What the hell? "Veronica... I barely know you. I.. I don't mean to be rude but I was talking to my friends and you kind of interrupted."

She stands up. I feel bad but she was appalling, the way she acted like she ran everything. I wasn't a fan the moment I met her yesterday.

"Ah, yes. Well then, have fun." she sneers, her ginger friend, clothed in red walking by her side as they leave the room.

I face Kevin and Archie with a confused look on my face. "Who the hell does she think she is?"

"HBIC's. The head bitches in charge. Just her and Cheryl. There was Rebecca, but she moved and she's been searching for a new blonde. Guess you caught her eye." Kevin explains.

"Wow, so they're like the stereotypical mean girls in movies?"

"Yup." Archie answers.