five: bevin

♛jughead♛ 

My phone buzzes in my pocket as I sit in english class, and I thank the lord it does because I was bored out of my mind. We were 'silent reading', a.k.a when the teacher is too lazy to teach and pretends they're marking, but really they fall asleep.

I put it on top of my book, my arm protecting the others student around me from seeing that I would be on my phone and to make it seem like I was reading. Sadly, the seating plan has put surrounded me with nerds who actually spend this time reading, and I'm not trying to get them to snitch on me, that's why I've got to take these precautions. I would much rather prefer sitting around.. anyone else frankly.

I click the home button on my phone to see what the notification was. To my pleasure, it's a text from Betty.

I open my phone, reading the text:

Betty:

Try to keep your eyes open, Daniel Desario. 

I chuckle at the old-school reference. I look up and outside the door window, but don't see Betty.

Jughead:

Are you watching me?

Betty:

Maybe.

Jughead:

Uh-oh, stalker alert.

Betty:

Actually, I 'm just receiving a wonderful tour of the school from a rather..  extravagant girl. Maybe you know her, Veronica Lodge?

I scoff at the name, the Lodge girl was basically a polar opposite of me.

Jughead:

I know of her. She isn't my cup of tea, per se.

Betty:

I can see why she wouldn't be. She's a lot to take in. So, what class are you in right now?

Jughead:

That would be english.

Betty:

Well, then, I guess we have english together.

I can't help but feel excitement when I read her text.

Jughead:

Really?

Betty:

Yes, really. I start classes during second period though, after the tour is over. 

Jughead: 

Damn, I was hoping you'd save me from my boredom.

Betty:

Okay, woah. I just giggled when I read your text which earned me a request. 'Girl, I get it, sometimes you gotta talk to your boo but now isn't the time',  were the words from Pearl Princess over here, so I gotta go. Hopefully I find out that I have another class with you, or I'll just see you at lunch. Okay, bye, I can practically see smoke coming out of her nose.

I chuckle at the text, holding in the loud laughter that wants to erupt. 

Jughead:

Bye, Betts.

I decide I might as well use this time to do some of the reading for the next few minutes as I wait for the bell to ring.

~~~