eight: beginning

jughead

Betty's lips feel warm against mine, aligned perfectly. She tastes of strawberries and vanilla. As our kisses deepen, she tugs me aggressively closer with her hands on my face. I turn slightly, leaning against the desk, slightly taking a seat. One hand on her neck and one hand on her waist, I bring her towards me as I lean, her body pressed up against mine.

Suddenly I feel a vibration in my pocket. Are you fucking kidding me?

She parts her lips from mine, her hands still on my face,

"I'm really hoping that's your phone?" she jokes.

I chuckle, "Yeah sorry, gimme one sec."

She steps backwards, leaving me room to stand up. I take my phone out of my pocket, a picture of my red-headed best friend lighting up my screen.

"It's Arch." I say quickly before answering, she nods in response with a smile.

"Hey, Arch." I say into the phone.

"Jug, where are you dude? One second you're here, the next you're out the house and gone for... 2 hours already without notice." he says, worry seeping through his voice.

"You worried about me?" I tease.

"Well, yeah, I was worried. You're like my son. Wait, I'm like your daddy."

I freeze at his words, what the hell? "Archie.. don't ever fucking say those words ever again."

"What?" he chuckles, "I was just kidding."

"Okay, ha ha, it was a very uncomfortable joke."

"Well, where are you?"

"I'm out."

He sarcastically responds, "I've never been to 'out', mind telling me where it is?"

I don't respond.

"Jug." he tempts.

"I'm- I'm with Betty." I bring my hand up to my eyes, squeezing. He isn't gonna let this down.

"Oohhh, Betty, huh?"

"Shut up." I mewl.

"Well, sorry I interrupted, you were probably about to fuck the hell out of her."

I choke on air. "A-ARCHIE, WHAT-" My throat lodges.

He cackles, I know he's throwing his head back in maniacal laughter. "Okay, okay. I'm gonna go now, bye."

He hangs up. I gulp before turning to face Betty again.

She giggles, "You okay? You're a little red."

I knew my face was heated from Archie's little comment. "I- uh, yeah I'm fine."

She nods. "Okay."

What do we do now, I can't just kiss her even though I want to. It's too cliche to say now where were we?

"Archie just called himself my dad and I don't think I'm recovering well." I joke.

She chuckles, but stops abruptly, her face dropping.

I furrow my brows, "What's wrong?"

"My parents!" She panics, running to the desk and grabbing her phone. "Oh my god it's almost 9."

"Slow down, Cinderella, does the carriage turn into a pumpkin at 12?" I laugh.

"No, Jug, seriously!" she says, turning to me with wide eyes.

I walk closer to her, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Okay, Betty, what's wrong?"

"I didn't tell them I was going out! I completely forgot- ohhhh goddd they're gonna kill me. My curfew is 10."

"So we're fine, you've got more than an hour." I try to calm her down.

"But I didn't ask! They're gonna come home from work any minute now and freak out when they see I'm not there."

I put my other hand on her other shoulder, "Hey, Betty, breathe."

She looks at me before exhaling deeply.

"It's gonna be fine, come on, we can leave now."

She nods, "Thank you."

-

"Here we are." I say after pulling into her driveway. "It's 9:15, I'm sure you won't be in trouble."

"Let's hope so." she smiles.

We sit in silence for a mere moment before she speaks.

"I had a really good time tonight, Jug."

I feel the corner of my mouth rise, "Me too. Will you be able to handle a second date?"

"If it goes as well as tonight, I can't wait."

"I'll start planning it." I say.

She snickers, "Okay. Well, I'll see you tomorrow, or maybe through the window."

I chuckle, "Yeah."

She opens the door, stepping out "Night, Jug."

"Goodnight, Betts." I say. With that she closes the car door.

I watch her walk towards her front steps, but she freezes after a few steps. She turns around, walking towards my car door quickly.

She opens the door and I ask, "Did you forget something?"

Suddenly, she grabs my face, pulling my lips to hers for a quick, but deep kiss.

"That." she grins.

I smirk as she closes the door, racing up her stairs giddily.

-

betty

Would it be crazy to say that this was the best night of my life?

Regardless of the fact that I had only known Jughead for about a week, the attachment I felt to him was powerful.

I'm awoken from my day dream by the stern voice of my mother.

"Elizabeth Cooper, where have you been!?"

"Mom! I-I was just out with a new friend."

"A new friend?" her face changes. "You made a new friend!"

Wow, way to boost my self-esteem, as if it's life changing that I could make friends.

"Yes, mom."

"Oh how great!" All her anger had suddenly disappeared. "What's her name?"

"His name is Jughead."

"Jug-head?" she twitches at his odd name.

"Jughead." I reiterate with a smile as the name spills from my lips.

I think she notices the geeky smile on my face, insinuating, "Is this Jug-head special to you?"

"Mom! N-no, he's just a friend."

"Alright, well maybe I know his family, we should get together!"

"Well his last name is Jones, if that helps."

Her mouth falls, "Jones? His father wouldn't be FP Jones by any chance, would he?"

"That does ring a bell, why?"

My heart stops at the words that come from her next.

"I was once engaged to FP Jones."

~~~

Hey guys, I'm sooo sorry for not updating any stories for a long while, I was on a trip. I'm back now and you can expect updates for all the stories very soon! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and are intrigued by the cliffhanger. ;)